Character Name Request - Arachus, Pastor of The Gilded Crags

AVeryReluctantSpider

Byond Key: AVeryReluctantSpider

IC Name for Review: Arachus, Pastor of The Gilded Crags

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name?: No

Reason/Backstory:

Arachus Migori was born into an extremely religious group of individuals living a simple lifestyle on a planet called Akun VI, in a village called the Gilded Crags. Due to it being a multi-species congregation, they have adopted their own naming scheme to easily identify members of their flock. Consisting of the first name or nickname, then their profession and the holy name of the place they were born, making these names sacred in this religion. Believing nothing was never accomplished alone, working as one is the true way, making it a very gestalt religion.

While his real name is present in his crew records, and is typically used in paperwork and messages regarding him. He wishes to use his religious name for daily usage, such being present on his ID and PDA.

Very adept in things such as leadership roles, Advisor, and Ambassador work, due to his view on reality being untainted by hate or greed, finding himself a good speaker to those in need. While he does view those with prosthetics, or extreme genetic mutations (Like Hulk & Thermal Vision) as impure, he has nothing against them. As such, he will refuse any and all genetic powers, and cybernetic implants of all kinds, even if they are required to save his life.

Some reasons Nanotrasen could have let him keep this name present on his ID, and for identification could be to leave a good impression on the Church of Ethereality, or to make Arachus feel more welcome so far away from his home.

(Sorry if this is too much to ask. Please get back to me when you can!)

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for taking a bit to get to this.

In this case, I am going to say no on using this name for a human character. Feel free to use it in other contexts, such as when signing things, introducing yourself, communicating etc. But for you "legal" Nanotrasen name, i.e. the one in the loadout screen, please use a human name that is in-line with human naming standards (first & last name). The reason being is not that I disagree with the backstory or think this would be unrealistic in our server universe but rather because doing so would be me giving you permission to directly break our name rules. At the moment admins would definitely PM you and players would make ahelps about your name because it violates naming standards. We should probably look at how we enforce/handle naming schemes (our current system could certainly be improve) but at the moment I will deny this request.

Thank you, please consider this character name request resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use