Crew Record: DEADLOCK

Warriorstar

INTEROFFICE MEMORANDUM

Lieutenant-Commander Orrbe,

Please see my attached NOIR regarding the machine person "DEADLOCK". I have endeavored to provide a complete account of this IPC, however, there has been one specific issue that has made record collection difficult:

DEADLOCK's origins are a complete mystery.

As I'm sure you know, NT was one of the organizations responsible for the design of unlawed positronic brains that now make up the galaxy's population of machine people. As this research did not commence until 2510, and mass production did not occur until after 2514, it follows that no IPC can be older than 50 years, give or take.

However, radiocarbon and infra-electric dating of their chassis and posibrain returns an age range of 80-85 years with a 96% confidence rating. Additionally, their positronic brain does not emit standard manufacturer details on its narrowband diagnostic channel.

Further interviews with DEADLOCK did not clarify things. There are no holes in their story, and employment records all line up with independent investigation, but when asked about their origin, DEADLOCK demurred, simply stating their memory past a certain point was faulty and they themselves did not know their origin manufacturer.

Based on their work experience and other investigations, I see no reason to doubt them, although this makes it harder to ensure they are not compromised in some way.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Respectfully,

sign.png.ca839eff2aeb3d9d15e99e4c9e501ac6.png
Herman Compund
Operational Intelligence

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

noir.png.5afe6cae2d92acdda250157fb2d0f665.png

Name: DEADLOCK
Species: Machine
Manufacturer: Unknown
Model: Unknown
Series: Unknown
Serial Number: Unknown

675886013_deadlockcopy2.thumb.png.198fb5ec6cf6e130bb76d695bc5a7141.png

(character portrait by the always-amazing @McRamon)

Biography

The first mention of DEADLOCK in our investigations is as an assistant miner for an asteroid wrangler on the outer rim. According to reports, they quickly gained skill and experience, and integrated well with human coworkers, managing to earn their trust despite the intensity of synthetic discrimination at the time.

After several years, DEADLOCK left the mining business and moved from job to job, picking up skills.

Shortly after The Strike, they were chosen as the leader of the 1st Canaanite Terraforming Expedition, tasked with improving the environment on New Canaan to make it habitable for IPCs. Despite this fairly notable role, they have rarely returned to the planet.

About 4 years before their employment at NT, they began working for the Solar Federation as a scouter in the Space Traffic Coordination Department. DEADLOCK went missing shortly after working for Solgov; no mention of them can be found in any records between this time and their application for work at NT.

Qualifications

DEADLOCK is an experienced shaft miner, cargo technician, quartermaster, chef, xenobiologist, explorer and captain. They can perform basic engineering tasks such as wiring, construction, hacking, ship repair, and configuration of solars, singulos, and teslas.

There are wide gaps in their knowledge: they have no experience with organic or inorganic medicine, research or robotics, or synthetic management. They have not received proper licensing for the setup or operation of supermatter engines or any atmospheric systems.

They are also astoundingly unrobust, with unprecedented low scores in marksmanship, coordination, and physical conflict resolution. Several reports have been received by various Blueshields complaining that DEADLOCK actively makes their jobs harder by being too oblivious and slow to react to nearby threats, sometimes actively sabotaging their own safety.

Educational Records

- Honorary Degree from Canaan University of Technology in Geoscience

Security Records

DEADLOCK has no outstanding security incidents on their record. They are currently designated an Employee In Good Standing.

Personal Relations

- J.U.S.T.I.C.E.: "The best magistrate I've ever worked with."
- PTL-303 Page: "A great crewmember, helpful and optimistic to an almost scary degree."
- Malo: "Couldn't ask for a better RD, although it is concerning how eager she is to implant her brain in other species just to see if she can."
- Kincaid Renard: "Didn't she used to obsessively eat floor pills? Either way, a great vulp to spend time with."
- Ryder Hill: "If I had a nickel for every time Ryder caused me to get killed by a wizard, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?"
- S-HOUND-L762: "We've spoken a few times, but I trust them firmly and, well, empathize, with some of the challenges of their past."
- Tokoyokiko: "An excellent security officer. Makes a mean trinary."

Edited by Warriorstar
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use