A Revenant Addition

Fraggloid

A fairly simple idea, but perhaps one that may be complex to code? I'm unsure.

An idea that I proposed today in deadchat while discussing revenants was for them to have some remains on the station that could be found and laid to rest by the crew as an alternative option to simply lethalling the revenant with lasers like so many other antags.

These remains could be a random spawn, or they could be placed by the revenant when they spawn - they could have abilities disabled until the remains are placed down.

The remains would likely need to be cremated by the chaplain; an additional interaction with them could include holy water. Perhaps a temporary dampening of some of the revenant's powers? The Revenant could also receive a message in chat when their remains are disturbed - perhaps angering them and granting a slight buff to some of their abilities to counteract the debuff of the holy water.

I'm unsure of the balance - obviously people will start hunting for remains as soon as a revenant is reported. But I feel this would be a good addition to a fairly popular mid-round antag role, that ties in with the traditional folklore about revenant spirits - scorned souls destined to walk the earth seeking revenge.

• Like 3

If we go down this route, perhaps we would tie the remains to the Revenant's natural essence regeneration instead. Right now it will regen up to its cap, perhaps this regeneration would only function with the remains placed, so crew could find and destroy it to cripple the revenant's regeneration. It could still re-gain essence after this by absorbing bodies, and perhaps eventually re-place its remains, but it would significantly impede progress.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use