Posibility to Name and Disguise person who took Xenomicrobes.

Venuska1117

Hello, i made this post because i got confused so i got this idea.

When you are Explorer and get your hands on xenomicrobes, it would be nice if there was option to "Name" person who took xenomicrobes by using Pen, Labeler or Pet collar, so when there REAL xenos appear as main round event, it can be disguised from real ones, instead of getting shot, because they think you are real one.

When you are on xenomicrobes and die, you can tell that person is on xenomicrobes via brain surgery (brain will be human one when took out), and blood of xenomicrobed person will be RED instead of GREEN so they can be disguised by more experienced people.

On top of that, when corpse get chopped by chef, you just get gibbed, make it drop brain on floor so people can tell it was person on xenomicrobes.

Edited by Venuska1117
Removed last part, it make issues.
  • angryeyes 1

• Venuska1117 changed the title to Posibility to Name and Disguise person who took Xenomicrobes.

if you take xenomicrobes and turn into an alien and then there's an actual alien infestation, I think its perfectly valid for the crew to kill them. This is just the tradeoff of taking xenomicrobes, if said person doesn't want to be ganked during a biohazard they should just avoid taking the xenomicrobes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sirryan2002 said:

if you take xenomicrobes and turn into an alien and then there's an actual alien infestation, I think its perfectly valid for the crew to kill them. This is just the tradeoff of taking xenomicrobes, if said person doesn't want to be ganked during a biohazard they should just avoid taking the xenomicrobes. 

what if person took xenomicrobes before xenomorphs appeared?

and i don't ask for much, i just ask to be able name xenomorphs who took xenomicrobes.

Edited by Venuska1117

I mean you're (in most cases) willingly taking the xenomicrobes, that means you're willingly accepting the consequences that come with it, If you choose to take the funny pill to become a alien biohazard you should be expecting the negatives as well, like slapping on a nukies hardsuit when you aren't one you're choosing to make yourself a potential target.

If you are changed into a xenomorph or terror spiders, your identity is subsumed by the hive - you are expected to follow the orders of Queens, and are hostile to the crew. While you may remember or act somewhat as your previous self, your new loyalty is to the swarm.

Technically, it seems that eating xenomicrobes makes you an antag. Crew would have plenty of reason to shoot you to death.

Edited by FloPerfecto

I think we generally ought to stop eating floor pills.

If you eat some magic drug off the ground... you really shouldn't expect anything good. Getting turned into a very valid xenomorph is kind of one of the lesser things that could happen. 

4 minutes ago, FloPerfecto said:

Technically, it seems that eating xenomicrobes makes you an antag. Crew would have plenty of reason to shoot you to death.

I do not think giving normal crew a "become antagonist" button is a good plan. It'd result in a lot of people seeking this out specifically to become an antag for free, or a whole host of other undesirable behaviour for an MRP environment. 

Just now, Coolrune206 said:

I do not think giving normal crew a "become antagonist" button is a good plan. It'd result in a lot of people seeking this out specifically to become an antag for free, or a whole host of other undesirable behaviour for an MRP environment. 

I just quoted the Advanced Rules, this is technically already the case; it's just that most people who eat xenomicrobes sort of ignore that part of the rules.

1 minute ago, Coolrune206 said:

Xenomicrobes are super rare, and can only be found in two places (They should really not be able to be found in those places though)
So getting them is like... alright? Not that pressing of an issue

As a note on this.

As far as I have learnt in my short stay in adminship, magic-turning (wizard poly wand and the like) makes you an antag, however a trader's pill/random pill that turns you into one does not. This would most likely require a head's re-visit to be sure of what I just said, but, please don't take xenomicrobes and take it as 'free xeno hunter antag' to murderbone

If you turn yourself into a Nukie/Xeno/Terror/Wizard/Etc lookalike will get you shot since, you can't really ask them if they're nice when they may kill you in 2 seconds while you try to ask.

Edited by Eric6426
Writing well on phone is painful

The issue i spoke about, is lack of ability to change Name as Xenomorph on xenomicrobes, for example: even if you "somehow" dress yourself as wizard at wizard round or nuke at nuke round, you still have ID, so even if you get killed people be like "O fuck it was crew not enemy" and revive this person.... but when you are on xenomicrobes looking like xenomorph, named like xenomorph, there is no way to identificate it, it woul be nice if xenomorph CAN be named using pet collar or Labeler.

And i understand be killed is your issue, but at least you can be revived, not like person on xenomicrobes, and i wrote stuff about blood and stuff for more easy identification.

Edited by Venuska1117

This feels like its in the same realm as putting a collar/name tag on a terror spider. I would be against a feature like you're suggesting and there's a few reasons for this: 

1. A need for a snowflake in a check for both proposed solutions
  2. If you take xenomicrobes it, it's intentionally designed to change a crew member into an unidentifiable horror space alien. The proposed change goes against the idea of xenomicrobes being a horrifying bioweapon that traitors can use against their targets or unsuspecting explorers ingest which results in them being hunted by their own colleagues and possibly causing station panic.
  3. Explorers will be more inclined to take xenomicrobes because they know they're less likely to be killed; being able to be named validates this behavior
  4. Dying Permanently because you made a rare lethal mistake or choice with heavy consequences for your own biology is perfectly fine and should be more accepted
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use