Was asked to stop using all caps for a borg

somethingoranother

Admin(s) Key: unknown
Your ckey (Byond username): somethingoranother
Your Discord name (if applicable): somethingoranother

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): (unknown)

ROUND ID: (unknown)

Nature of complaint: clarification required, feedback, roleplay
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): I feel discouraged from playing a particular character after being told I can't speak in all caps.

Full description of events: I'm sorry I don't have the relevant information, this happened a few weeks ago and I was only encouraged to post a complaint now. I used to play a borg called Soy Bot who's whole gimmick was that they'd go around asking people if they wanted soy milk. From what I've been told people generally found it funny, so I enjoyed it even though the character was by intention simplistic. I also did their dialogue in all caps, as I felt it was fitting for general harmlessly annoying nature of the character. I was PMed by an admin asking me to stop talking in all caps, as it may confuse players thinking I am saying something serious. I had been told this was said after deliberation between multiple admins. I had been told this after having played this character like this for more than a month at this point. Since then I have felt generally discouraged from playing this character. Recently I was told by other players that they never found the speaking in all caps to be an issue, and that not speaking like that removed from the character, as well as that it was common for other synthetic characters to speak similarly, With this in mind, I want to ask to clarify whether this is such an issue, and if possible I may continue speaking in all caps with this character, as not being able to do so kind of ruined them for me, even if it is relatively minor.

• Like 2

Hi there.

Indeed this is annoying and an issue. This kind of gimmick is really more irritating than it is funny, especially if done repeatedly. Additionally, the whole 'soy bot' thing reeks of 4chan.

So yes, I confirm that you should knock off the all capitals speech. It's annoying. Don't be annoying.

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use