Wrongly banned from discord [cornmycob]

Serxule

Admin Key: (discord name, in this case) cornmycob
Your ckey (Byond username): serxule
Your Discord name (if applicable): serxule#7334

Date of incident: 6? pm, 11-9-2022

ROUND ID: NA

Nature of complaint: misconduct/AoP

Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint: If discord bans apply in appeals, then i will make one aswell.

Brief description: Talking about suggestions in coderchat, minor disagreements, [admin] came in and said i was being rude, then banned me as i was in the middle of having to explain myself, no warnings, no actual reasoning.

Full description of events: this started over the xeno queen sprite, i was suggesting to add a toggle-ability for clientside sprite as its used on other servers, people seemed to either not understand how this would work, or just say "no" or "its bad" without explaining, because this i had started adding ? to the end of some of my sentences, as i wasnt sure why people were thinking/assuming this, eventually (and what i think started the problem) was someone explained back to me something i had already explained myself (who i had mistook for someone who was being rude, though they had stopped talking just had the same colored names), and being confused by that i said something along the lines of "huh?? thats what i literally said???", thats when cornmycob came in and said "why are you being a prick", confused by this also, i started asking why, cornmycob said it was "my tone" (which isnt possible to convey during text) during this a headcoder said everyone needs to take a breather, cornmycob then made a response of "i think only one person here needs a breather", after replying to that with a "?" because it was an unnecessary (and snarky) remark, i started having to explain myself over why i wasnt being rude and in the middle of it [admin] banned me, no warnings, no time-out, nothing. This feels biased likely due to having the "im new here" symbol discord added, i had left the discord a while ago to free up server slots, but i was in it before afaik, so i presume cornmycob just assumed im a bad-actor who joined the discord to be mean or what-have-you. 

i will say though, i do have a problem with getting heated over disagreements (or people not explaining their points), but that hadnt happened at all, and its very obvious on when that does happen (insults, capslock, etc)

screenshots/logs of the entire start-to-end of when i had been talking (the full conversation, not snippets), would be appreciated.

Edited by Serxule
i forgor to update title

• Serxule changed the title to Wrongly banned from discord [admin name required]

The banning admin was cornmycob.

The ban reason supplied was "Awful attitude in coding chat, when asked to cut it out started arguing and wouldn't accept any wrongdoing. We need less of this in here."

A head admin will handle this case when they have the time.

Edited by S34N

• Serxule changed the title to Wrongly banned from discord [cornmycob]
  • 2 months later...

Hello and thank you for writing up this admin complaint.

I have reviewed the available logs during this incident at the time you specified in the discord. While the argument could be made that the discord ban was on the harsher side of rulings, we have the expectation that you read the rules and most importantly read the room. Given the tone you also took with the admin who applied your current permanent ban and also what I witnessed personally from this incident back in November I believe this ban was justified. It would have been more appropriate for you to make a ban appeal in this situation.

You are claiming Abuse of Power and Admin Misconduct here, neither of which are with merit as the admin in question was enforcing our server rules as intended on the discord. Consider this admin complaint resolved.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use