Alien misinformation and generally unknown mechanics

Generaldonothing

This post will cover some misinformation and other unknown mechanics in the alien antag, as I've seen a lot of it

1. Alien embryos do not require the host to be alive

Alien embryos do not need the host to be alive to fully hatch, only the implantation from a facehugger requires that the person be alive. Please stop LOOCing aliens complaining you got killed.

2. Aliens can consume the dead for a significant health increase

Aliens can use the devour command on dead carbon mobs for significant healing, getting 10 units of sacid in their system
yes this permakills the person you ate

3. A large amount of alien structures can be placed on each other

with the exception of eggs, most structures can be placed on each other
This will probably be changed soon enough

4. Alien corrosive acid breaks down walls and floors

it doesn't, it kills people very quickly though

5. Aliens can put out fires on themselves by going into space or stop drop and rolling

Very few people know this, it's rather helpful however

6. Aliens can process viruses

Pretty unknown, but they can be affected by good and bad viruses

7. Aliens are affected by electrical shocks

Aliens take shock damage, breaking shocked grills is a generally bad idea

8. Aliens can be handcuffed

Aliens and alien larva can be handcuffed
Perfect for arresting them?

9. Aliens can be bola'd

Aliens can be bola'd, they can still still break out of it very easily

OTHER NOTES:

Aliens get plasma from plasma

STUFF THATS INTENDED BUT NEEDS TO BE FIXED:

alien eggs auto ejecting face huggers to a target near it (done in a pr made by me)

Other aliens getting a message when the alien queen dies

Hunter leaps working in 0gs (this was removed to effectively cover up an issue with alien code, it should be fixed and readded)

If you have any questions on aliens, feel free to ask them

Edited by Generaldonothing
New section
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skysorrow said:

How about all the larva who just go around biting those contained/hugged to death. Makes the larva inside hatch faster, True or false?

Sadly false, although it encourages good moral values

5 hours ago, Skysorrow said:

How about all the larva who just go around biting those contained/hugged to death. Makes the larva inside hatch faster, True or false?

Turns out I was wrong about this 

Larva get a 1-3 point increase upon biting an *alive* victim, so the dead won't do anything 

I thought this was broken, but @Qwertytoforty confirmed that it actually functions!

• 2 weeks later...

How do you effectively fight aliens? Any weapons In particular 

also, you can perma kill someone as alien *and get a large Health increase? Iv never played against aliens, can someone who has give me their opinion  on if that’s OP?

28 minutes ago, Boardwalksky said:

How do you effectively fight aliens? Any weapons In particular 

Nothing is a catch all solution, lasers and other burn based weapons do well against them. Effectively fighting them really comes down to skill and waiting for an opening.

29 minutes ago, Boardwalksky said:

also, you can perma kill someone as alien *and get a large Health increase? Iv never played against aliens, can someone who has give me their opinion  on if that’s OP?

It's pretty good, but the dead person is pretty likely already playing as an alien, 10 units of sacid is nothing to scoff at

3 hours ago, McRamon said:

When i started to read the thread name i thought this is going to br about ufo conspiracies xd

He doesn’t know we are secretly communicating about how to reach the mothership. Convert him and continue the process 👾

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use