Name review

Johnlennon9

Byond Key: Johnlennon9

IC Name for Review: Norm FlexDonald

Race: Human

Is this a Mime or Clown Job Name? No

Reason/Backstory:

In my 3 months on Paradise, learning the game from the ground up, I have only gone under one in game name, Norm Flex'Donald. I have learned from people, I have taught people, and I have had fun with people, all while using the same exact name that I am banned with. It is the ONLY character I ever use, dating all the way back to 2014 on Runescape. I use it for DND, Spacestation, runescape and just about any other RPG i play. The first time I was approached about my in game name was on the same day as the anniversary of the death of comedian Norm Macdonald. Obviously, I can understand why someone would think it would be distasteful, given the unfortunate circumstances, and i talked with an admin about it on that date. After our discussion, it was clear to him that i was not using some slight variation of his name for a sick joke, and had no malice in it. He told me it was fine and let me keep it, though some admins may not be as understanding. I can not remember who it was i talked to on that day (9/14/22), but I wish I did so they could corroborate that. 

Almost two months pass without any issues whatsoever, I was messaged about an admin ONCE for taking the sec checkpoint locker and trying to bring it to sec equipment storage for safekeeping, but when the admin told me that i was doing something wrong, i brought it straight back to where it belonged. Not realizing that what i was doing was "power gaming". My point is, he messaged me about my actions in the game, but not my name. And when I was brought to his attention, he didn't say "hmmm.. that name seems pretty... memey to me... I should make him change it." Because it's not a meme name, that is incredibly subjective. And only one person has seemed to think that is a "meme name", and I'm now being strong armed to change it. And to be honest, i still don't want to change it. I have had a lot of fun on the server, and when i see people who also use the same name all the time, we recognize each other. My name has been established, if "Norm" just disappears, then basically i have to remake friendships or break RP to LOOC "HEY BTW ITS ME NORM". It has been established at this point, had someone forced me to do this week one, i would understand. But at this point, I am three months deep in the server using only one name, except maybe once or twice when i felt it best to randomize my name after a traitor round. I would venmo someone 20$ to just let me keep it and let the money go to running the server, but really I just want to be left alone in peace so i can play the game. 

That is the name i use for every site i go on, my friends know me by that, it is established at this point, and only ONE person has any issue with it. I do not cause issues on the server, don't break rules, and am friendly to everyone enjoying a shift with me (even the clowns). I know it really shouldn't be a big deal, but I REALLY would like to keep my name. i really really really really really really x100,000,000 hope and pray  you let me keep my name the way it has been for the last 3 months. Thanks so much for reading and hope to see you onboard soon. 

-Norm FlexDonald

On 11/5/2022 at 12:44 PM, Johnlennon9 said:

I have only gone under one in game name, Norm Flex'Donald

You previously asked to have another name reviewed? We have logs too - you've used multiple different names in game.

Denied because you're lying and in a really dumb and provable way. Lie to us again and I'll just outright ban you. 

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use