Additional Names for Roles

Beo208

This is purely superficial and likely to cause confusion at first. I'd like to see alternate names for certain roles that lack them. I appreciate the names of certain jobs are exactly that and don't need to expand from it. However, there are a few I feel could be added to mainly for RP reasons.

New names will be in bold.

Assistant/Off-Duty Crewmember (I know all the assistant names were removed but this one could make sense in line with them still having a role on the station, just off-duty at the moment. And it's not like the flood of unofficial visitors and tourists within a secure space station.)

Head of Personnel/Duty Officer

Cargo Technician/Logistics Officer

Research Director/Chief Nerd (kidding)

Again, not a whole lot on selection here and again these are purely suggestions. Feel free to discuss, I just think they add a certain level of professionalism to the roles that still pertain to their stated duties. Additionally, it probably wouldn't be hard at all to implement but in that regard I really have no idea how it would happen.

Edited by Beo208
Left a bunch of empty lines at the bottom, removing for tidiness.

7 minutes ago, Beo208 said:

This is purely superficial and likely to cause confusion at first. I'd like to see alternate names for certain roles that lack them. I appreciate the names of certain jobs are exactly that and don't need to expand from it. However, there are a few I feel could be added to mainly for RP reasons.

New names will be in bold.

Assistant/Off-Duty Crewmember (I know all the assistant names were removed but this one could make sense in line with them still having a role on the station, just off-duty at the moment. And it's not like the flood of unofficial visitors and tourists within a secure space station.)

Head of Personnel/Duty Officer

Cargo Technician/Logistics Officer

Research Director/Chief Nerd (kidding)

Again, not a whole lot on selection here and again these are purely suggestions. Feel free to discuss, I just think they add a certain level of professionalism to the roles that still pertain to their stated duties. Additionally, it probably wouldn't be hard at all to implement but in that regard I really have no idea how it would happen.

Off duty- would be an odd job title, as all crew can take breaks if they actually did their jobs.

Duty officer- Not too keen on this one, especially because the hop can change their own title

Logistics Officer- odd for a cargo tech, might fit for the QM

You can get your job renamed by the HOP or use a guess pass generally, so special job titles aren't hard to get. 

18 minutes ago, Generaldonothing said:

Off duty- would be an odd job title, as all crew can take breaks if they actually did their jobs.

Duty officer- Not too keen on this one, especially because the hop can change their own title

Logistics Officer- odd for a cargo tech, might fit for the QM

You can get your job renamed by the HOP or use a guess pass generally, so special job titles aren't hard to get. 

I'll concede the off-duty one, then, that's fair enough.

Duty Officer could still work, especially for a member of Command Staff since changing the title via the HoP's console voids chat amplification as far as I'm aware.

Logistics Officer would be fine for QM, sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use