Adding new enemy: Skulk

Venuska1117

I like when there would be more different events with monster type of enemis so....

This is my idea, "Skulk" i borrowed idea from Natural Selection 2, this are species what appear in groups from "crack" and specify in group hunt and ambush , they are very quick and have strong attack, they have armor on their blade like legs and back what make them somewhat resistant to close combat damage but they can be easy take down with enough bullets, lasers and fire, they will not die instantly from fire but take good damage, because of their armor overheating their flesh, their blood is green and they cannot reproduce they just appear  from cracks.

When Skulks hunt, they first gibbs their pray, after pray got gibbed they eat organs what splattered around, the more gibbs they eat, the stronger they become, they get evolve point every X amount of gibbs they eat, the evolution points can be spend:

Shade:
[1 Evolution point] Piercing Vision: Give ability to see enemies trough walls
[1 Evolution point] Chameleon: You become hard to see when standing still, you will be more visible when moving around (its more easy to spot) and visible when you attack, after attacking you need wait 5 seconds for chameleon to work.
[1 Evolution point] Infection Spit: When person got hit by it, they get green glow around body what make them be seen trough walls (only glow is seen, not person), and marked person take more bitting damage for first 3 seconds, after that bitting damage is normal, the marking glow from spit will be on person for 30 seconds.

Crag:
[1 Evolution point]  Reinforced Armor: give skulk more armor, so it can tank more damage before flesh be damaged (armor absorb more damage than flesh)
[1 Evolution point] Regeneration: Slowly regenerate your damaged flesh when not in combat, it take 6 seconds not in combat to start regeneration, get hit for it to stop.
[1 Evolution point] Leap: Ability to jump forward and tackle enemy to knock them down.

Shift:
[1 Evolution point] Crush: Bitting armored person will damage them more (armor penetration)
[1 Evolution point] Celerity: Increase movement speed and acceleration
[1 Evolution point] Blood Thirsty: Bitting enemies will give some health back 

Valuable information what was not given above:

- There can be only one active skill in each category (Shade, Crag, Shift), they can unlock skills with points and change between them, but they will change to egg like form for 6 seconds to adapt skill they choose, they are harmless in this form and can be easy killed.
- They can crawl trough vents.
- Skulk are like dogs, not very high and long
- Every time they get evolution point, the more they need to eat to get evolution point, and they can unlock whole tree but have one skill active in each categoty.
- Skulk start with 1 Evolution point
- Skulk have night vision, they see better in darkness
- Skulk need 9 evolution point to unlock whole tree (they start with 1 so they need 8)
- Gibbing pray will take 10-15 seconds
- Skulks belong to "Kharaa", so in manifest it will be "Kharaa" and under it "Skulk (number)" or just "Skulk"
- They make no noise when they "walk", and make noise when "running"

P.S.  i made 2 sprites of it, and it look like shit, so i hope someone with better pixel art skill can make it look better, and have like darker colors, so it blend better with darkness of maintences.

Front.png

Side.png

Edited by Venuska1117
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:12 AM, LforLouise said:

good idea, idk what natural selection 2 is

dont like the gibbing though.

so how do you want it to do instead of gibbing? swallow whole? they are too small to eat whole, they just torn apart pray and eat it. and they DONT REPRODUCE so i dont know if its an issue or not, if you want they can just instead of gibbing whole body to organs and body parts, it just straight rip off limbs from living person and eat them.

Edited by Venuska1117

Ripping limbs off and pulling organs out seems like a good idea. If you do enough damage to the chest, abdomen or head the organs can fall out if you're using a sharp weapon I believe.

Although, if you aren't gibbing for non-permakill reasons, you'll want to make them either unable to remove the head/take organs from it or unable to actually eat the brain, as this is the only part that needs to be retained for people to be revived. The rest of the limbs and organs are entirely superfluous (well they need a heart and lungs but not for cloning)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Christasmurf said:

Ripping limbs off and pulling organs out seems like a good idea. If you do enough damage to the chest, abdomen or head the organs can fall out if you're using a sharp weapon I believe.

Although, if you aren't gibbing for non-permakill reasons, you'll want to make them either unable to remove the head/take organs from it or unable to actually eat the brain, as this is the only part that needs to be retained for people to be revived. The rest of the limbs and organs are entirely superfluous (well they need a heart and lungs but not for cloning)

well we can make that they can't eat head/brain, and if they somehow do it, they will die (the brain is toxic to them and make them die) 

....and by the way, Xenomorphs can perma kill if they devour and forgot/don't puke victim out.

Edited by Venuska1117

• 3 weeks later...

After re-thinking it, i think making skulk attack upper and down body for organs would be better than eating limbs or gibbing, it would just kill you trough ripping alive organs, kinda how cult scythle make you lose organs when hit enough times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use