Allowing machine people names to be changed via surgery

Generaldonothing

Heya,

This is something that I've noticed has been complained about on multiple occasions, and I feel a forum post for feedback should be made on it to see how people feel about it.

Currently there is no way to change the name of an IPC/IRC, and this confuses players who assume like other species, IPCs/IRCs can have their name changed. This has been proven to be especially frustrating for IPC players who need to have their heads replaced in round and cannot have their name reset to their actual name.

Proposed solution:
"Serial number change" - surgery
Step 1- Screwdriver (3 seconds) "You unscrew the glass serial number seal."
Step 2- Pen (3 seconds) "You start to change the serial number on [SRC].". You can input a new name up to 32 characters long, no ID required.
Step 3- Screwdriver (3 seconds) "You screw the glass seal back on."

• Like 4

I suggested this in an unofficial capacity at a few points, and each time was generally told that IRCs need to be identifiable at a glance. 

Personally I'd just have given IRCs the ability to change their identity once upon having a robotic brain inserted to the chassis for the first time. 

If you want my lore opinion (which I'm totes sure you do :p) keep the posi/ robotic name the same as the original name it was made as regardless of the name of the chassis changing. 

11 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

I suggested this in an unofficial capacity at a few points, and each time was generally told that IRCs need to be identifiable at a glance. 

This is something that I was mildly concerned about, I might make IRCs have a prefix for their name in that event.

12 minutes ago, Spacemanspark said:

If you want my lore opinion (which I'm totes sure you do :p) keep the posi/ robotic name the same as the original name it was made as regardless of the name of the chassis changing. 

Yeah, changing the chassis won't change the IPC/IRC brain name

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use