Give IPCs the ability to re-attach limbs

Medster

IPC is in a bit of an odd spot at the moment, while the removal of the damage mods was more than welcome, i feel that the removal of rad resistance in https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/18501 as well as the removal of speed potions has left a bit of a hole in IPC's convenience to the station. IPCs can no longer bypass the slowness debuffs that their equipment puts on them while organic species can get the swiftness gene to get the same effect as the red potions.

I propose that we add the ability for IPCs to re-attach limbs to themselves, this could come at the cost of cable or time (around 10-15 seconds). this allows IPCs that are isolated to fix themselves if they have the materials and/or the time to do so.

we could also add something to the effect of the recent surgery refactor, where self re-attached limbs don't work unless finished by a second person with a screwdriver or multitool.

it would also be an interesting idea to have most of the damage sustained by the limb in question to stay on the limb when re-attached, so the IPC still needs to fix the limb after its re-attached instead of suddenly having full health again.

• fastparrot 1

I cant support giving ipcs the ability to solo-reattach their own limbs but i would support a system that allows ipcs to mod themselves out, similar to genetics. 

Perhaps humans could also accept these augments but they would be less effective?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Charliminator said:

i would support a system that allows ipcs to mod themselves out, similar to genetics. 

While you're at it, integrate this idea with abductors. Rather than implanting odd organic body parts into IPCs, have them experiment with ancient alien tech on them instead. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use