Make the detective's unique gloves a grand-theft objective

Shadowradar1212

so, have you ever wondered why the detective's own special set of gloves aren't actually a grand theft objective, seems pretty weird the syndicate wouldn't want state-of-the-art gloves that leave absolutely zero fibres over say a sick-looking pair of gloves the warden has, or say... a jetpack which only has the advantage of being backpack-fitting, especally when said captain probably won't take to space with it even.

me too! it would be interesting as well since the detective would have to improvise with another type of gloves like nitriles if they do get mugged which would make evidence gathering more interesting due to contamination risk with the fibres giving false-leads as well as encouraging them to stick to the forensics side of things, knowing they could waltz right into a traitor/changling/vampire wanting their slick gloves.

plus, its a weird consistancy flaw that they're not actually a grand theft item to antags despite being a one-of-a-kind item.

• Like 1

While I do think that more theft objectives could be interesting, I'm not sure that detective gloves could be. For all intents and purposes they're just gloves designed in a certain special way that likely wouldn't be hard to replicate, not that the Captain's jetpack is any different mind you.

But if we applied the logic of one-of-a-kind items on the station being Grand Theft objectives then we could apply that logic to, say, the golden zippo, the captain's flask, etc. 

Theft objectives are more supposed to be experimental tech or in the case of the blueprints structural designs. I wouldn't entirely consider standard issue forensic gloves to be experimental tech.

If anything, I could see the revolver possibly being a theft objective due to its functionality.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use