Emag Nerf Proposal

Medster

So in its current state, the Emag is a fuckin nightmare for Sec, Engineering, command, as well as anyone who owns the door that gets emaged. And its infinite use with no cooldown between uses.

What i propose (kindly suggested by one Hal 9000) is that we add some type of cooldown to it.

It could be

-Small amount of charges but it recharges over time (maybe one to four charges at a time?)

-may charges but it doesnt recharge

-maybe add a recharger function to it, it has a few charges but you physically need to recharge the Emag in a weapon recharger

All of these with some type of cooldown timer added to it, would make the user have to actually think about where and when would be a good time to use their emag instead of running around emaging every door that happens to be in their way.

Making it less hell for engineering to fix doors because now they dont have to worry about the 13 other doors emaged while they where fixing the first one.

Helping Sec because it would slow down the intruder as well as make it harder to just casually stroll into places ,such as evedence, with the funny all access card.

• Like 4

Having a set amount of charges and self-recharging over time by itself would be great, I think. If you'd tie recharging to a weapons recharger, then I'd suggest having more than only "a few" charges by default, since weapon chargers are not that common - yes, you can break into cargo or the meeting room for it, but I am wary of people "accidentally" moving weapon chargers to more secure places to avoid getting emagged into again.

I cannot suggest any actual numbers, though, I have not used emag much. It probably still should have enough charges to be able to quickly emag your way into some critical places like the HOS office and their locker (4 charges), but if you have that many charges, you are inside evidence already. I think this change wouldn't fix the quick and easy evidence raids, that needs another fix (access-locked windoors, for example).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use