Lore/Art/Consistency: Corporate Logos

Warriorstar

I don't know where to put this anymore, because it's sort of art, sort of design, sort of UI, and sort of lore, so I'm just putting it here.

Here's the NT logo on the wiki. I've highlighted the three inconsistent, blocky corner types:

logo2.png.8966531d4bd4535e0fd6b65a0530a535.png

And here's the NT logo as rendered in TGUI, with different angular corner types.

D__ExternalRepos_third_party_Paradise_tgui_packages_tgui_assets-12_51_56.png.f452bc23cc0591c91a86c60e2f122cbf.png

I think in the TGUI the differences are intentional, but generally the triangles are represented as right isosceles triangles, and the much larger curve radius in blue obscures that. In addition, the corners of the "N" are also rounded, so it's confusing as to whether it's a stylistic choice or a faithful representation of the logo.

It would be cool if these were consistent, and the logo itself should be properly proportioned and balanced; as you can see in the wiki version, the triangles aren't aligned vertically with the "N". The aspect ratios between the two are also vastly different; the core elements of the logo on the wiki have an aspect ratio of 2.05:1, but the TGUI's logo has an aspect ratio of 2.125:1.

The Syndicate logo on the wiki is much better off, but could still do with some touch-ups; it has a slight shading on the elements and the border radius of the S is off in places:

syndie.png.21ea7fc3a251f71754db756705d2d85c.png

And the Syndicate logo in TGUI is completely different:

158679154_bg-syndicate.svg-Inkscape-13_18_53.png.dcb3cd36809c7f6b61f6cc99dcdbc832.png

I created new vector logos for NT and Syndicate; they are both the same aspect ratio and built on a similar grid. The NT logo has no curved edges in this case, which I think fits NT better, whereas the Syndicate S has large border radii to make it look slightly more snake-like. The aspect ratio is the one used for the logos on the wiki currently, which is ~1.62:1, which is within a hair of 8:5, which is a not uncommon ratio in real-life flag design.

The new versions:

ntlogo_fromsvg.png.f63e6cce7965ca1769ca40e6be21f38d.png

syndielogo_fromsvg.png.d686ec4729c70ffde6bc5b049bd4adc0.png

The vector downloads:

WSO_SS13_SVG_CorpLogos.zip

Dunno if anyone else cares about this kind of consistency but thought I'd share it all here before I forget about it entirely. You're also free to use these for whatever, they're licensed as CC BY-SA 3.0, since they were built off of the existing logos on the wiki, which are similarly licensed.

• Like 5

This is what should be used on the wiki tbh. I'm guessing the inconsistency between all the logos is because there's absolutely no standards in place for them.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use