Admin complaint: dsdiy

Guccimaneitellem

Admin(s) Key: @Dsdiy

Your ckey (Byond username): @Guccimaneitellem

Your Discord name (if applicable): katze#7705

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 2022-08-12, 15:14:02

ROUND ID: N/A

Nature of complaint: Misapplication of rules (Rule 5)

Brief description: tl;dr command banned for not being professional enough AFTER demotion from HOP to assistant.

Full description of events: It is 100% immoral to hold a player to another role's requirements for IC/RP behavior. If the player has been demoted or switched from a role, they have completely severed all ties with the former role and should be treated as such. Command Rule 5'ing someone after demotion on the basis of RP is in itself breaking RP, as getting knocked down to 0 and acting unhinged is something that should not surprise anyone at any level, IRL or not.

IF rule 5 is to be extended like this post role, then it should state so in the advanced rules section. But that sets up a really bad precedent: it means that anyone can be punished for failing to meet their previous roles' requirements after demotion or switching. Logically meaning, sec who were demoted can get job banned for not following space law, doctors can get job banned for valid hunting after going to sec, assistants can be command banned for not being professional after resigning or demotion, and hell, former cultists can be antag banned for fighting them at the final summon after being deconverted.

The real reason this happened was because I have bad notes from command roles before I was hard banned, and I have been trying to improve, which is why getting job banned by an unmentioned extension to a rule that I would not have "broken" if I knew it existed in the first place is pretty annoying.

Thanks and have a good one.

• Salt 1

Hi there,

To call a jobban '100%' immoral is frankly ridiculous. Even a wet blanket like Kant would likely look at this and say 'dude it's a videogame, chill.'.

Getting demoted generally means you're not acting in the way we expect from command - you should be trying to keep your job. Especially for command positions, you're held to a higher standard - the minimum standard is 'don't get fired'. You didn't live up to that. You then went on to further break the rules by creating a manhunt during a code red situation. 

Being incompetent at your job is not a free pass to go around as a 'tider' and cause shit for security during a code red situation. Admins can often take time to determine what the appropriate punishment is, and your actions after the demotion can tie into their decision as to whether you are suitable or not for command roles. Overall, the spirit of the rules is more important than the letter. Perhaps you are right and a job ban was not appropriate, and a general server ban would have been more appropriate - in this case @Dsdiy went with the lesser of the two options. Considering this is roughly 24 hours after your server ban was lifted, @Dsdiy was a lot more merciful than I or a lot of other admins would have been.

If you insist, we can of course rectify this, but I'm going to assume you'd prefer the command ban stay in place. In this case, I think it's appropriate to give you a chance to take some time to re-earn the trust to play command roles, so that hopefully you can do them in the future without being demoted.

Complaint is without merit and resolved.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use