Yo, trial admin banned me because I said he was powergaming 'Nerfection'

ultimatemh

As title says, "Nerfection" kept unbuckling and rebuckling me as a vamp in a chair to keep interupting breaking free from a chair, handcuffed in a closed tiny room blindfolded to obvously infinetly keep me there. Got very angry when I mentioned he was powergaming in chat, proceeded to instantly DM me as trial admin. Proceeded to ask him to ban me,  to reveal hgis incompetance.

*edit picture

image.thumb.png.b06982d3d637a217425a6b4ffc17cb55.png

Edited by S34N
blurred his client token

Right, my bad, wanted this over with as soon as possible, frustrating when an admin of all people have to powergame

Admin(s) Key: Nerfection
Your ckey (Byond username): UltimateMH
Your Discord name (if applicable): haven't joined the server

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred):

ROUND ID: 32439

Nature of complaint:  Feedback, abuse of power, conflict of interest
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):

was vamp, some guy powergamed, told him that in say, admin instantly pinged me, admin came to his defense.

Full description of events:

I'll try to keep it short:

Was a vampire, got caught red handed or something, cuffed, blindfolded, buckled to a chair kept being fed water, fair enough so far. Then this guy keeps buckling unbuckling the chair, clearly abusing the only means of escape and the only glimmer of hope and fun that's left. After a few minutes I tell him in say that he's powergaming, and it's annoying or something. Less than 5 seconds letter I recieve a message from an admin or trial admin called nerfection, telling me not to talk ooc in say or something. And I try to explain to him that this guy who now I am pretty sure was himself was powergaming. He was very very quick to go into defend this guy that what he was doing was not powergaming and that he was "fair knowledge not meta gaming". I tell him to ban me as this obviously is rigged. He keeps trying to defend this character of not being a powergamer, after a a minute or two I tell him to ban me again, and so he does, big brained as he is. And here we are.

Edited by ultimatemh
small edit

Hi there,

It appears you broke the rule about OOC in IC chat, talking about powergaming and game mechanics ICly. This is against the rules, and you were warned for this.

image.png.e09cf60f977af92d42fa085c0f515f45.png

You escalated this to a ban, which was  at your request, as opposed to simply saying 'ok I won't', which would have been very easy. You should well know about OOC in IC rules, as someone who first logged into our server in 2014 - we've had those rules the whole time. 

It's quite acceptable for people to attempt to escape being cuffed - that isn't considered powergaming. Antags especially are expected to attempt to escape.

Even if it were powergaming, it is still unacceptable to use OOC terms in IC - you should use the proper channels such as Ahelp to report rule breaking.

Complaint is without merit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use