Complaint

Alicesahli

Admin(s) Key: Dsdiy
Your ckey (Byond username): olivia0407
Your Discord name (if applicable): oliv

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): About 1:30AM PST Aug. 2nd, 2022 

ROUND ID: N/A

Nature of complaint:  misapplication of rules, clarification, abuse of powers

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): Accidently killed an antagonist and got a warning for not knowing that I was not supposed to kill. They said that I will get "banned" if I get more warnings for being new.

Full description of events:

I am a new player who is a chef/medical main. I play as "Alice Sahli". Yestersay, I was talking to a person who helped me renovate my kitchen. Then a cultist came and hit my helper and was taking them away. So I chased the cultist to the arrivals/maint. There was a clown chasing them too. Eventually we caught up to them and I tried to save my helper. So I hit the cultist back with my kitchen knife and brought my helper back to the kitchen area.

Then I got a notification from the admin that I accidently killed the cultist (but they  got cloned soon after). And they said that I was validhunting. So I asked what validhunting means because I am new. They said that I wasn't supposed to kill the cultist and that I was self antagging(which I do not know what self antagging means too), so they are going to give me a "warning". I asked again what is a "warning"? First, they said that it's just a warning to not kill an antagonist next time. Then, I asked again about the "warning." They said it will be "left on my account record and I will be banned" if I get more warnings! So I said "Seeing that you are giving me warnings for being new, I can see where it's going." And the admin stopped replying. After waiting for their reply, I just turned the game off. Will never play again.

Edited by Alicesahli
  • dead 1

Hello. I will be handling this complaint, with authorisation from @necaladun.

After having read your complaint as well as the logs (shown below), I can say that there is absolutely no wrongdoing on Dsdiy's part. You did not get a warning for being 'new'. You got a warning because you broke the rules You then got a bit salty about it.

Spoiler

ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): Hi there, got a minute?
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): ummm
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): what's up?
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): what's up?
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): We had an adminhelp, saying you were validhunting a cultist. And according to the attack logs, you were attacking a cultist in science maintenance, far away from your workplace.

ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): yeah the cultist attacked someone i was talking to in front of kitchen so i followed them to save the person ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): I'm afraid that, given you killed the cultist, it's against the rules. Self Antagging, and validhunting.
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): oh okay I didn't konw he was killed. well what can i do then
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): Given this is your first offense, I'll let you off with a warning. Remember though, killing antags as a non-security is considered self antagging, and validhunting.

ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): what is a warning?
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): Exactly as it implies. We warn you not to continue similar behaviour.
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): i'm confused, what am i supposed to do when i'm getting attacked? like right now
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): You can defend yourself, yes. If there's no way out, or they're using lethal force on you, you are allowed to attack them into critical condition
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): But then you need to get away from the situation
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): what happens if i get warning next time

ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): like one more warning ? how does it work?
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): Depending on the severity of it, it'll either be another note added to your account, or a permanent ban that you will need to appeal
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): okay so the warning gave my account a record
ADMIN: PM: Dsdiy/()->Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli): Indeed.
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): yeah i'm new and seeing how many more warning i will get i can see where it's going
ADMIN: PM: Olivia0407/(Alice Sahli)->Dsdiy/(): well bye

No actual punishment was applied, such as a ban - this is very standard for the first time someone breaks the rules, and over 10,000 such warnings have been applied throughout our history, including to nearly all of the admin staff.

After 200 hours, you should have at least read, and be able to follow, our rules. You are free to play again on the server. If you decide not to, that's your loss.

Complaint is without merit and can be considered resolved.

Edited by Landerlow
  • Like 1