The E(ncounter)20, a sidegrade to the E(xplosive)20

Generaldonothing

Currently we have one librarian specific traitor items, the E(xplosive)20. This item is an RNG explosive that can either do almost nothing or blow up a hole in the station larger than a maxcap, try your luck and see if it works out for only 3TC! 

This item isn't necessary bad, but it's impractical and deadly. Traitors with steal objectives with get very minimal use out of this item, and traitors will kill objectives will struggle to kill their target with this and likely take themselves out with their target if they do manage it. For a hijack objective a 3TC explosive is very powerful and justifies its existence to some extent. 

The E(ncounter)20 is an item designed to be more useful for general antagging without overshadowing the E(xplosive)20 in raw damage situations.

The E(ncounter)20 is very simple in its use, throw the dice and depending on number rolled, summon a few enemies to aid you in your endless and evil journey in destruction! Or at least until you managed to piss them off with a stray bullet. Throwing the E(ncounter)20 at someone will "target" them, making the summoned mobs prioritize them over anyone else. All encounters are simple mobs. 

Encounter program activated, loading holoprojector protocol, establishing connection with [X] computer nodes. ROLL FOR INITIATIVE! 

1- Checksum error detected, insufficient connected computer nodes. Please turn off the program, it's a serious crime to pirate video games.
5 pirates spawn, all with blood for you! Better run!
2- A slime approaches with haste!
Normal xenobiology slime
3- Pack of Feral Dogs draw near!
4 Ians spawn, they deal 6 damage each and have 15 health each. 
4- The Lil critters gang grows closer!
8 "lil critters" spawn, random assortment of small friendly simplemobs, each one deals 5 brute damage and has 5 health.
5- A vengeful spirit rises from the dead!
1 shade spawns, random if it's blue/red.
6- Giant household spider appears!
3 Giant spiders spawn, random type. 
7- The garden comes alive!
2 Venus human traps, 2 bees, and 2 killer tomatoes spawn.
8- A Goliath comes from the earth below! 
A single, very upset Goliath spawns. 
9- A school of holocarp appear from thin air! 
Six holocarp spawn.
10- Fallen angels swoop in!
Three faithless spawn
11- An army of machines approach!
Two securitrons and a "evil" medibot will spawn, all hacked.
12- Two giant eyes swoop down!
Two magmawing watchers spawn
13- Scrapped machines awaken from an endless slumber!
7 Strong hivebots spawn
14- Tunnelclowns seek to reclaim their land!
4 Tunnelclowns spawn, each armed with a VERY nasty 25 brute damage attack and 100 health, they dust on death with a sad honk playing in the background. 1 cluwne goblin also spawns with the group. 
15- Aliens beam down! 
2 alien hunters, 2 alien sentinels, and an alien queen spawn (All simplemob versions)
16- Mutated fungus notices you!
A blobbernaut and 3 blob spores spawn, along with an unlinked blob factory. 
17- Alien machinery falls from the sky!
A swarmer beacon spawns, along with 2 of each swarmer type
18-  Combat drones crash through the window!
5 Malf combat drones spawn, all in their angered state and do NOT go to their passive state.
19- The legion awakes!
A legion (yes the megafauna) spawns, except its health is set to 100 [Shouldn't be too bad right?]
20- The king of fear's army stands before you!
A prince of terror and 2 red terrors spawn, very dangerous! 

I'll probably play around with the numbers, and if you got any references you wanna throw in ask and I'll fit em in (mostly to old RPGs). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Honestly this sounds like a fantastic idea.

I'm worried that the Swarmer Beacon might have the potential to get out of hand, but I could just be overestimating them. Minor concern.

I was going to say a single Goliath seems kinda weak, until I remembered that unless you're carrying lasers, you're going to have to try to MELEE the thing.

Interesting idea, although I don't really want to have a traitor item available that has a 15% chance to spawn midround level mobs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use