Smoke grenades

Frank

Hello!

We had a shift last night where Flick got to do a TC trade for the ninja kit. The ninja kit involves smoke grenades, and after the shift we had a discussion about it and now I'm making a thread.

I love smoke grenades. Ever since we added delta in the map rotation, there is a smoke grenade at a spawn point west of medical maints. If I roll antag on delta, you bet your ass I'm going to pick it up everytime. Why is that? Well, it's because smoke grenades are SO GOOD.

Why are smoke grenades so good? Well it has so many many uses. Mainly you use it to screen your movements from whoever is chasing you and also hide whatever you are doing from everyone else. Obscuring vision can be helpful in so many ways, and it can also be used as a diversion. And best of all, it's harmless. Unlike the flashbang it doesnt stun and deafen everyone around you, which makes it useful for when you need just a LITTLE bit of crowd control. It is a little annoying, but it's not as annoying as someone spamming flashbangs. 

These are so much fun, and I would love if they were added in more places. Maybe have them spawn randomly in maints? They are harmless after all, and it could be a fun harmless prank for the clown to throw at someone because they do no harm. As a contractor player I would love it if they were added as a low cost traitor item as well, because getting smoke grenades in your contractor bundle would be so awesome.

• Like 6

To clarify: Flick's trade actually involved a renamed version of the Owlman utility belt, which auto-regenerates 4 smoke grenades and 2 standard bolas over time. I love that thing, because it creates an interestingly different style of fighting when used. Instead of the usual disabler spam or flashbang funsies, smoke grenades force people to either get close, wait it out, or fire blindly, all of which make for a fun change of pace. I'd love to see more smoke grenades, and especially would love to see a way to easily craft them so that regular 'tiders and the like and quickly replace the things on the go. A key element, I think, was having the ability to make more of the damn things.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use