Floor AND Walls PR feedback thread

AffectedArc07

Changes  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PR: https://github.com/ParadiseSS13/Paradise/pull/17887

Diffmap (pick layers in top right): https://paradisestation.org/aastuff/floordiff/

Please give all feedback on here (not the PR),  unless its just a like/dislike, use the poll for that

The new walls look neat, though the reinforced ones could use a bit more detail to hammer home what they are, similar to the original ones.

The new ones also lack sprites for their rusted versions:

9efed3151f7ad83e2c631a4f05c78850.png

Sad to still see the floor dots, but hopeful they will be changed soon

1 minute ago, BlackDog said:

The new ones also lack sprites for their rusted versions:

Known issue, its being worked on

I like it. The walls and floors don't clash anymore.

Still not a big fan of the floor dots and much prefer the version Sikroth posted in the other thread, but this is a step in the right direction.

15 hours ago, Sikroth said:

I made a dumb mockup for what I'd change. Basically moving the brightness close to old tiles (or at least neutral 50% grey), and changing the texture a bit. I know that doing this for each tile would be quite time consuming, but just as a proof of concept 🤷‍♂️

Left's classic, middle is current, right is what I did.

tile mockup.png

Edit: and a zoomed in tile cause i realize it's hard to see much there, lol:

tile2.png.6afbbb609e1279351f083304a246b7ac.png

Edited by Pckables
Added quote for reference

I don't mind the new walls, they are alright and I get that's the look paradise is going towards

But I absolutely hate the new reinforced wall. I think they are way too similar to the normal walls making it hard to differ between them. Honestly I think the pattern on the old reinforced wall, it made it easier to differ between the two. I don't see the need to make a new pattern that's extremely similar to the base wall, the more different they are the better it will be to tell them apart.

New walls fit great with the new floors, but they look.. weird around doors. Also the reinforced walls look weirdly disconnected even when in a line. 

• Like 1

The floor tiles look much better with the walls! Just one more note: I think the plating still looks weird. I would have preferred the 2 option from AffectedArc.

I  much prefer the old new sprites rather than the latest version. Especially the reinforced walls, the extra stripes on top read really badly imho. Also the square pattern of dots on the latest version of the floors make it look like fabric, and is more distracting visually than the more oblique initial version. If it were up to me I'd stick with the unaltered initial versions.

image.png.7084a1e9785a23e4945c3c483ba0cd95.png

• Like 3

In full agreeance with Kugamo, the newest sprites are an overall decrease in appearance and readability. Either stay with the old ones before the PR or Tau Ceti's walls.

Actually something else just hit me while writing this. Why not try modern Bay wall? Although it might need some grey scaling applied to it, Bay LOVES their blueing

image.png.1a019d510ac3ed3120286d107d64006e.png

But really though anything else is better than those ugly skyrat walls.

Edited by Bmon
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I like the walls Bmon posted. But, I worry they won't fit with our current sprite direction.

The floors are more distracting than before and don't look like tiles, like Kugamo said, more like fabric.
Reminds me of the fabric minecraft texture pack.

The normal walls look pretty good, but the reinforced walls look incredibly out of place and strange. Looking forward to an update on those.

Edited by Shmabu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use