Floor tiles PR feedback thread

AffectedArc07

Do you like the new floor tiles  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah the tiles looking darker is kinda cool but like its way too polished. Like anyone who knows what the plastic texture pack from minecraft is like? this is pretty much that but 2d.

image.png.eef053020b877e46cd614d4f99704042.png

I like them! I do agree that they should be a bit lighter, though. Maybe upping the saturation on some of the coloured tiles too? Not by much, but it might make a difference.

I do think it'd be good to break them up a bit though. Some rooms with smooth, untextured tiles and then main halls with the texture. It would help break things up and be less cluttered on the eyes I think.

personally i don't like how these make everything look way dark, i guess i'd be more okay with it if the dots were removed it makes the ground look very noisy and busy when it's supposed to be something yo don't have to pay much attention to

I love the new textures, though I agree with the sentiment that the brightness could be slightly increased, and the saturation on colored tiles should also be increased.

I made a dumb mockup for what I'd change. Basically moving the brightness close to old tiles (or at least neutral 50% grey), and changing the texture a bit. I know that doing this for each tile would be quite time consuming, but just as a proof of concept 🤷‍♂️

Left's classic, middle is current, right is what I did.

tile mockup.png

Edit: and a zoomed in tile cause i realize it's hard to see much there, lol:

tile2.png.6afbbb609e1279351f083304a246b7ac.png

Edited by Sikroth
derp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • toolbox 1

10 hours ago, Sikroth said:

I made a dumb mockup for what I'd change. Basically moving the brightness close to old tiles (or at least neutral 50% grey), and changing the texture a bit. I know that doing this for each tile would be quite time consuming, but just as a proof of concept 🤷‍♂️

tile mockup.png

Gonna pitch this to people

Thanks a lot for splitting the floors back into quads!

My only remaining concern is that the medbay specifically now looks dirty grey, instead of sterile white. It's not a problem with dots, but rather with the base color.
I'd think simply increasing the brighness of the base fill color (and adjusting the dots accordingly) would probably solve this.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sikroth said:

tile mockup.png

I like the color, good middle ground, but the dots are still a problem to me by itself the tile with dots doesnt look to bad, BUT when you add 50 of them in an area and it begins to get way to busy.

Perhaps we drop the dots concept for the standard tile? Could be a seperate tile people can paint if they choose, but the default tiles really shouldnt be that busy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like the darker floors, but the formerly-white tiles could be a little brighter, and I've seen people say that all the little dot grids make them feel kinda nauseous.

I enjoy the tileless floor sprites, they're good. I also appreciate that bluespace tiles are much less hideous now.

• Like 2

The new floors messed up the tile colour decals which meta and some lavaland building make use of. You can quite clearly tell there is a difference in colour now.

image.png.b91cfee31433692025d68b8cf224a0d1.png

image.png.042a05e83701663c5de0a993b7f87d65.png

image.png.bcd7779da1e618c72a7df229f53566a6.png

image.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use