One Round out of a Month to Break RP and Teach Players How to Play SS13 and Roles

oofmaster212

Hi, I thought this would be a great event to teach new players hands-on to play SS13; you can have different modules throughout the station to teach science, engineering and especially surgery. Also, to introduce new players to the server and give them the confidence to do tasks in a friendly environment.

I know when I was starting ss13, I was treated as an annoyance or even yelled at when I was trying to learn new jobs and activities, especially surgery. I think a lot of entry-level docs had the same experience, and I believe this is significantly even more useful for people with learning disabilities, who may need very hands-on learning and the repeating of instructions that may not be available on a regular round. I know myself who has a learning disability, also stress; just instructions from a mentor help do not help, especially when setting up the engine or chemistry, coupled with the things happening around me, caused me to not play roles such as head of departments, running/ setting up the engine and being a member of sec and trying to learn how to use key bindings. 

If this is too hard to implement i understand, but i thought it would be a good idea to work on so this community can evolve and suit everyone's needs because i believe this community is awesome and everyone deserves to experience it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use