Xeno Events( i didn't know if this is good for suggestion but i will leave it here)

( I put this in here because this topic seems very debatable) 

I miss Xenos, I know they are overpowered or unbalanced, but with some balancing ......... they could work. You guys did your rework of vamps, cults and other stuff but left out XENOS.  The one event I think a lot of people liked not because you wanted to win but because it was actually scary when facing, some of my best and most favourite moments when playing SS13 is not cult nor vamps but, facing a horde of Xenos while knowing you are going to die. Finally, SPIDERS ARE NOT LIKE XENOS, I heard a lot of people saying this and no, I see the similarities, but no, Xenos is way more ( in my opinion) more immersive in the sci-fi environment in which ss13 is situated.

I am not asking that you reintroduce it as a round starting event ( which I think a lot of people had a problem with) but add it as an event or make facehuggers randomly spawn in space or on lavaland. If this is already an event that happens, then it does not happen often because I have never seen it. 

I would love to hear your guys' opinions on this :) 

There was already a Xeno rework being discussed/worked on:

The current problem with xenos is that they're just anti-fun to play against due to being entirely based around infinite stunlocks until permadeath.
It's just not fun for crew to have a xeno run up to them at high speeds, spam the stun button, and drag them to the nest so that they can spend 3 minutes perma-stunned and locked in a nest until they gib.

The other issue is that they kind of need that mechanic to function in their current form. A rework needs to be a lot more than a simple tweak of numbers for Xenos to be brought back.

Anyways, theres no "development team". The reason Xenos haven't been balanced is because no one wants to bother doing it themselves.
And if I had the capabilities myself, personally i'd focus on changelings first, they have it rough.

Edited by Pckables
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Pckables said:

There was already a Xeno rework being discussed/worked on:

The current problem with xenos is that they're just anti-fun to play against due to being entirely based around infinite stunlocks until permadeath.
It's just not fun for crew to have a xeno run up to them at high speeds, spam the stun button, and drag them to the nest so that they can spend 3 minutes perma-stunned and locked in a nest until they gib.

The other issue is that they kind of need that mechanic to function in their current form. A rework needs to be a lot more than a simple tweak of numbers for Xenos to be brought back.

Anyways, theres no "development team". The reason Xenos haven't been balanced is because no one wants to bother doing it themselves.
And if I had the capabilities myself, personally i'd focus on changelings first, they have it rough.

That's awesome dude, I just didn't want Xenos to disappear entirely, what's happening with changelings if you don't mind me asking 

6 hours ago, oofmaster212 said:

What's happening with changelings if you don't mind me asking 

Nothing. Nothing significant has happened to them for years.
They're outdated, many of their powers are near useless, and functionally their ability to stealth is worse than a traitor's.

Edited by Pckables
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use