Admin complaint by: Trubus Against: Norwest

WingedYordle

Admin(s) Key: @Norwest
Your ckey (Byond username): Trubus
Your Discord name (if applicable): WingedYordle

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 06-June, 2022 at 12:35PM Pacific Time

ROUND ID: 31591

Nature of complaint: Clarification, Misapplication of rules, feedback
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements): In character heated arguement against the representative played by Gordon Whitlock. Was given a temp. ban for harassment against command and shitty behaviour to players while saying peeing commments.

Full description of events:

Good afternoon.

As it says above, I am looking for feedback mostly and I would also like to clear my name regarding the peeing comments as it is being used against me. It started out with Ian roleplaying as an angry dog who disliked the captain being a female and started peeing on them. I normally would not care about Ian as I don't actually like station pets, but the blue shield whose name I do not remember decided to kill Ian for peeing on the said captain. I started the arguement because a blueshield of all people who not commit a crime of damaging station property because of a misbehaving dog. Whitlock, who is the Representative, backup the Blueshield saying that no crime was commited and that Ian can be revived. I pointed out to him saying with that theory, I could kill him and revive him and not be charged with murder. This ended up being back and forth. I asked Whitlock to fax Central Command regarding this as I was interested in what their claim would be against this. Whitlock refused to do so, even though he claimed he did fax Central. Bridge was locked and I did not see him leave bridge so I called out his lie when I was suddenly muted on coms by an unknown person, AI stated I was muted but didn't say by who. I assumed Whitlock put me on mute so I asked the AI to mute them back.

Norwest decided to give me a temp ban on the house for absurd amount of harassment against various command members (I assume the representative and blueshield) and gitty generally behavior towards other players (I am not too sure what Norwest meant about this and they could please explain), etc. The various "peeing" comments, given prior history, is getting extremely old (this is being used against me as I was referring to what has happen). This is not a plea to get my temp ban removed. I would like to hear feedback on what I should have done differently for clarification as I didn't mean to have the IC conflict to break server rules.

Thank you.

Edited by WingedYordle
Didn't fill.

There are two elements to this, and I'll deal with both in turn. The first, regarding peeing, is an honest technical issue; the particular /me about "Captain Ian is angry he's not the Captain, so he pees!" didn't show up in my logs when I checked the body. I assumed you were making it up, so I levied that as part of the tempban. You then PMed me on Discord with the following message:

"Hi Norwest, I only want to clear the peeing comment. I only said that because the blueshield at the time killed Ian for literally pissing on the captain. That is all I want to pass on.
[12:31 PM]
And I was only arguing with the rep because they allowed the blueshield to kill a station pet. I'm sorry for my action otherwise."

I then checked with the Blueshield, and confirmed his logs included that particular comment. I then responded to you with the following:

"I didn't see any logs of Ian emoting peeing, which is why I placed the tempban. However, the Blueshield confirmed that Ian stated "peeing" among other various problematic emotes ("KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM,") etc. Looks like some sort of bug, so I'm willing to lift the tempban for that. Do please treat other players more respectfully in the future, however; you were definitely going a bit overboard in your treatment of Command members there."
[12:40 PM]

(I should note that this occurred slightly prior to this admin complaint being submitted, for the record)

Based on that, yes, I would agree that the "peeing" reference was an honest error based on some logs not going through. I believe that's adequately resolved.

Now, as for your behavior towards other players, I'll quote the following:

[2022-06-06T19:13:12] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (114,140,2):  'You killed a station pet over peeing'
[2022-06-06T19:14:12] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,141,2):  'It's called SR you tool'
[2022-06-06T19:14:22] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2):  'Don't be fucking stupid.'
[2022-06-06T19:14:51] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2):  'You're a trash of a representative.'
[2022-06-06T19:15:03] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2):  'I require you to fax Central and explained what happen.'
[2022-06-06T19:16:15] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2): (headset) 'The NanoTrasen Representative is allowing anyone to kill station pets on station as it's not damages to station property because they can be revived. Go ham, crew.'
[2022-06-06T19:18:25] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2): (headset) 'I've seen what happen, I don't need command coms to see a blueshield murdering Ian for pissing on the floor.'
[2022-06-06T19:18:42] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2): (headset) 'You are not fit to be a representative as that blueshield is not fit to be a blueshield.'
[2022-06-06T19:20:00] SAY: Trubus/(Wolf O'Donnell) (115,140,2): (headset) 'As it shows, you have no evidence to back up your case. You are trash.'

Somewhere along the line there, you crossed into a Rule 0 violation ("Don't be a dick"), since verbal abuse towards other players reached the point of keeping them from enjoying the game. The NT Rep, who was originally willing to take on the acting Captain role (i.e. to get more involved in the round), quit and cryo'd shortly after this interaction with you, and some later dchat commentary suggested that you were a major contributor to him leaving the round early. That's a real problem.

Additionally, the NTR was right that you were missing some important details. You've rejoined the round and so I know you're getting the inside story courtesy of people in dchat now, but Ian's player was outright breaking the rules in their emotes (""Ian is FUMING as the new captain is a woman, so he pees AGAIN," along with various other stuff mentioned above). They were about to get bwoinked, and I don't think that the Blueshield smacking Ian was much of an issue given the provocations the player was providing. All in all, that was - and will be - left at a verbal warning.

Thank you, I will apologies with them next I speak with them as it wasn’t my intention to make them cryo or ruin their game. Though in dchat he made it sound there was no ill feelings.

this maybe closed.

Yeah, I'm glad everyone got the chance to chat in dchat during the round, as I think that sorted out of a lot of frustrations. If you've no objections, I'll close this out.