Bombing Objectives For EOCs

oofmaster212

Idea: add bombing objectives to traitors, such as bomb the HOPs office or the brig. It could even be retaliatory if a traitor gets caught, such as bombing Perma because a traitor failed their objective.

Why: I found that there are barely any bombing objectives for being a traitor besides dying a glorious death; I thought this could make becoming a traitor a little more fun for people who aren't robust yet and want a little traitor fun. 

Thanks for reading my idea :)

1 hour ago, oofmaster212 said:

I found that there are barely any bombing objectives for being a traitor besides dying a glorious death

1. Hijack objective already lets you go nuts with bombs.  For this objective you already have the option to plant bombs in key locations of the station to try and force a shuttle call.

2. Bombs can already be used as a method of assassination if you choose to go that route, assuming that you try to avoid excessive collateral damage and such.

In both of these cases bombs are one possible strategy you can take for accomplishing the goal you have but it isn't the only way of doing it.  I personally prefer objectives that are a bit more open ended on how you can accomplish them.  Additionally, I don't think there'd be a great way to actually detect that someone completed this objective code-wise.  

• Like 2

you can look at it this way. if syndicate wants some area gone, they would send in the nukies and remove the WHOLE station. bombing a single room/area would accomplish little on its own, and i don't see why syndicate would do that on the fringe of civilised space.

your usual agent is there to accomplish a job, not sow terror and fear. syndicate (either one of their sponsor companies or NT themselves) wants to steal stuff or remove specific people. their job is stealthy by design, and would make little sense to go loud like that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The syndicate also has you debrain random botanists and steal grey slime extracts icly it’s just as bizarre as any other objective 

• Like 1

brain could be use for interrogation, or murder. also slime objective is no longer a thing since forever (but even then could be seen as simple theft of research materials from NT)

• 3 months later...

while I love the idea of breaking into a certain area, and planting a charge a-la TG weakpoint, the result usually though will be some, robust traitor rushing in with an emag on adrells and just speedrunning it five minutes into the round, another problem is uhh- its VERY easy to just stealth rush it, without being noticed, ESPECALLY *cough atmos tot jumpsuit, ventcrawl over.

plus blowing up a lot of the station without escalation usually is a lame objective, but uhh, I would see reasoning if it were like, key interest points of the station, like the PDA server room, the grav gen, SMES units, some part of the AI's sat, the PDA server or blackbox, etc.

also random searches already make SM/nuke core objectives hard enough since you can literally be random searched on a whem, whenever security feels like it, without any leads or plausable reasoning to on red alert and if you didn't hide it, you're basically stuffed for the entire round, we don't need more objectives forcing contraband onto people.

more minor sabotage objectives however are honestly needed though, like breaking RnD servers/blackbox/secway/destroying all of X item like the autopsy scanners in the morgue, as well as grand theft objectives (because the det's own gloves despite being a one-on-station are not actually a theft objective, pretty weird huh?).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use