Re-add Security Cyborg to Red ERT

Coolrune206

Put down the pitchforks, I'm not advocating for a full return of Security Cyborg modules or anything. However, I believe that them being cut from ERT is strange. Most of people's complaints with Sec Borgs came from their nature of having AA or being particularly only designed for hunting antagonists as a synthetic - these complaints shouldn't really be much of a problem with the ERT variants of Cyborgs considering that the ERT has AA by default and is generally sent (Security ERT anyways) to deal with antagonists. Additionally, this does also mean Secborgs will only pop up whenever an admin deems that they're necessary, which should help a little bit more. 

It just genuinely feels weird that they were cut at the same time as crew Secborgs, when they suffered from very little of the same problems that crew Secborgs did by their inherent nature as a response. This would also hopefully make Red ERT Borgs slightly less useless, as right now they can only select Medical or Engineering which is most of the time not very useful choices for the ERT.

• Like 8
  • eyes 1

Personally I've no issue with Secborgs being a part of ERTs, my issue was with them being available to normal crew- which was agony.

Besides, Gamma Borgs scare me.

As a note, Admins can force the SecBorg Module if it seems needed at the moment, though it takes some VV fuckery.

I agree that this should be available as an option on the ERT spawner (a toggle like we have for commander, perhaps?). Currently, we have to VV the module choices on these borgs and if there are more than one it's a major pain in the ass.

Would be nice to see their return in this form, its another thing for overly agressive antags to wish to avoid.

Cause to much trouble? CC may be sending the dreaded security borgs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use