Recommended amount of healing items to bring for megafauna

Bestmannnnn

I keep dying because i run out of healing supplies when fighting megafauna, I want to know what amount of pens, patches, and leigon cores you use.

Also megafauna and goliaths cause internal bleeding? Is lavaland balanced around having a pocket medic 24/7?

I fill a box with Legion Cores, grab a brute kit from the vendor, two survival pens, and thats pretty much all I need to go ham with a KC.

KA can probably go with much less.

3 hours ago, Bestmannnnn said:

pens

Gotta be careful when using pens because you can overdose on 'em. The overdose cap is very low so use them sparingly. They're incredibly useful to get back into the fight once you've been winded though so I like to carry about 3. 

patches

Depends, if I'm rushing to do drake early I'll grab like 2 patches (burn). Sometimes I'll bring brute patches on non-fire fauna (which are 99.9% of them). 

leigon cores

Depending on the difficulty I will either fill several boxes lmfao or grab 3-5. You learn this with experience. 

Also megafauna and goliaths cause internal bleeding?

They do! As well as broken bones. Legion cores will fix this. 

Is lavaland balanced around having a pocket medic 24/7?

Nope. 

healing supplies

Other healing supplies that help early are pentetic acid, cooked donk pockets, and the cacti you can find on the floor! Be careful not to eat too much of any of these as you can overdose on the first two, and slow down from being fat on the last two. 

4 hours ago, Bestmannnnn said:

I keep dying

This is ok! Remember to go at your own pace, take time with learning the game, and don't rush if you don't feel comfortable. You're gonna die... a lot... but that's A-ok as long as you're not being a TOTAL hindrance; so do at least a little mining before you go and suicide bomb an ash drake. 

• Like 2
  • eyes 1

I havent killed every megafauna yet but I'll tell you what I know. 

Goliaths

They are slow but can do a lot of damage. Just practice dodging and eventually they will become less of a problem. Bring a splint (from survival shelter) and a pen in case you end up badly injured so you can fulton out or walk to medical. 

Watchers

Imo the most forgiving opponent, but can be very tricky to dodge in the beginning. Have a survival pen on hand in case you screw up and start dying. 

Legions

Pretty easy but you can be overwhelmed. Have a escape route ready just in case. 

Dragons

Grab a lot of cores the first few times (8-10) and have a couple pens. Avoid melee range if you're using a PKA. If you have a fire extinguisher, this can help you save a lot of healing items. Making a big space to fight it with a plasma cutter will help a lot. Use 1 range and 2 cooldown upgrades for the PKA in the beginning, then start using 3 cooldowns once you learn to dodge. 

Collossus

Take all range upgrades for the PKA and fight it in a big cleared out area. Bring a lot of cores. Armor does not help at all for this fight, so you will have to learn the patterns and dodge all the shots. This is all I know so far. 

Bubblegum

Run. 

You will die several times and there is nothing wrong with that. Just focus on learning from your mistakes and you will eventually become a true loot goblin. Good luck! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use