SS13 RPG

Mitchs98

Just gonna repost what I put on the Discordl;

In-case anyone actually remembers. I'll be starting progress on my SS13 RPG again soon. I now actually have a sprite program that isn't GIMP so I can more easily edit character sprites. Once I get the tilesets how I want them to be I'll get some stuff goin'. It'll be more of a standard RPG, because I'm not going to try to learn custom code and stuff for a meme project :D.

That said when I get tilesets ready I'll be taking requests on perhaps having some characters added to the game as NPC's or enemies.

I'll have more information for that when I can get back on PC and put this as a forum post. I've not worked out much on it and I can't say how fast progress will be as I'm also starting work on a game I intend to make to sell, but I still intend to make this because I absolutely like the idea of it.

I'm not sure what all to include, and it'll take me a little while as I have to scale tiles and certain sprites to 48x48(though, frankly, I'm just enlarging these automatically and if certain things look ugly they just do :))

Essentially. The game will involve Grey McTideson arriving on the Cyberiad and deciding, "Hey, I want to run this place.". Gameplay will follow stereotypical RPG progression with grinding, looting, side quests, etc. I'll even be including crafting, cooking, and skills(RPG Maker MZ plugins go brr). The end goal is to get strong enough to take down the Captain of the Cyberiad and assume your rightful position(with potential later to take on the Trurl and eventually the HQ on Luna to kill John Nanotrasen himself).

That said. I've decided to go ahead and also start accepting letting people put down pictures for their characters in game. I'm not guaranteeing everyone will get in(Though, honestly, you probably will. It'll save me on having to do things myself lol).

I will need the following for the characters;

Their name

Desired Role(NPC, Enemy, Quest Giver, Party Member, etc. Note; you aren't guaranteed to get what you want.)

Department + Role

4 Screenshots of the character already wearing their desired outfit from the north, south, east, and west positions. Preferably leave as little tile in the image as possible. If you could also just cut the images out and paste them onto a transparent background that would be awesome too though not required.

I'll be posting progress updates, and once I get something actually playable, I'll upload some test builds to Mega or Google Drive or some such. I would use GitHub...but I have zero idea how to actually use GitHub with RPG Maker + Licensing issues.

• Like 2
  • explodyparrot 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Holy shit batman it's been May since I've done anything on this.

WELL.

So. Status update. This is actually going to gain progress again. I've learned a new map editor that's compatible with RPG Maker and 1000x better(TileD, for everyone curious). Due to this I'm going back to 32x32 sprites.

The shuttle no longer looks ugly.

Arrivals is halfway completed(maints not included). 

Rat enemy has been implemented(ish. Not balanced yet, no balance things have been done, it's literally just the sprite yo.

Toolbox weapon properly implemented(No attack animation sadly, may not have one, depends on how I can do this.)

Main character sprite has been implemented.

Much of the tilesets that I actually need have been made barring edits for animations.

Images of progress below.

I'm very much interested in implementing a good amount of NPCs, be it people to challenge to fight or otherwise. Please. Once again refer to the above for details on how to do that. They MUST be wearing what you want them to wear. Alternate outfit sets are also acceptable!

If I really like the idea I will even implement your character as a party member to accompany Greytidius(Testmans actual name)

Before long I should have something somewhat playable to demo. Overall, the longest part will be recreating the map. I'm not going to make everything PERFECT but I do want it to still feel like the Cyberiad. Suggestions and comments welcome.

tiled_XznE97iTkr.png

NVIDIA_Share_8KqtHpuONm.png

nw_lp47IvM5rF.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am a huge fan of RPG maker games, cant wait to see a demo! How would you like to receive said pictures from our characters? Shall we just put them as a post here in this thread?

An idea that came up spontaneously: Put Tom the vault mouse in front of the vault entrance when leaving arrivals, maybe as a first NPC to get a quest or something

Edited by Skajaw
  • Like 1

Putting them here or DMing me on Discord works just fine. Either one! Progress has been all but halted due to holidays and such, along with trying to figure out this error with the map maker. But I'm going to try to resume progress in January.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lil update. Had some computer problems and general lack of motivation. Going to try and start this up again and figure out why my maps stopped compiling right and throwing errors. Really not sure what's wrong, probably something I'm doing settings wise. But I do want to try and figure this out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

It's been a long time since I've posted an update. I've really been trying to regain motivation for this, and I finally have; at-least to slowly work on it. I have absolutely zero idea why I didn't think about creating a local git repo to start with...I could have avoided the map corruption more than likely. Or at-least reverted it partially and remapped what broke.

My main concern now is trying to figure out how to actually upload anything once I finish because my upload speed is absolutely abysmal...oh well, we'll see how that works if I actually get something playable soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use