Re-Add Security Allowance to Ignore Self-Harm/Suicide.

Mitchs98

Hello all. Terrible title, I know, I'm not really sure how to word it...anywho. It came to my attention earlier this evening that with the removal of the Brig Physician an incredibly important line in Security SOP was removed, the line that allowed you to ignore people who maim/kill themselves in their cells;

10. The Brig Physician is not obliged to treat any injuries prisoners sustain from self-harm. If they kill themselves, put them in a body bag, label the body bag with their name and "suicide", and deliver the body bag to medical for storage in the morgue.

In writing, it only extended to the Brig Physician. However, in practice it extended to the whole of security and was considered the norm. And, for all intents and purposes even if it's technically not in SOP is still being considered the norm by myself and a very sizable portion of security regulars. I'm aware that it's no longer currently in SOP, and that as Sirryan pointed out you're to either hail medical staff or let them sit out their timer then bring them to medbay.

However, I'd very much like this line of SOP re-added for Security in some form or fashion. Be it a clarification in Space Law, Legal SOP, or Security SOP in some form. It was a great boon for security to be able to freely ignore the person breaking all semblance of RP bashing themselves for attention or to waste other's time in their cell over a five minute vandalism charge.

I'm not sure how to go about it, perhaps something along the lines of;

Security personnel are not required(possibly add or encouraged) to treat any injuries prisoners sustain from self-harm while incarcerated. If they kill themselves or succumb to their injuries, put them in a body bag, label the body bag with their name and "suicide", and deliver the body bag to medical for storage in the morgue.

Of course, this isn't necessarily a DNR notice nor was it ever intended to be. It's fully up to medical to respect the semblance of DNR behind suicide or decide to clone/revive them themselves.

On the topic of suicide, I would also like to bring to light/revive my other thread that pertains to those that decide to break immersion by running around randomly harming themselves; 

It's in the same wheelhouse, and had some head support, I'd just prefer not to bump some year old thread directly.

• Like 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use