SpaceGit Repository: odennis2931/OpenBot

> README.smd

OpenBot
A lightweight open source positronic personality module. I initially made this as my master's thesis for Positronic Development, and thought I might as well throw it up here in case anyone else wants to use it for their own projects. I might even continue adding a few features, this could be a fun project to keep working on. I've only actually tested this on a pAI for my thesis, but theoretically it should work fine on a full cyborg or AI. Just proceed at your own risk, I guess.

Features

• Fully compatable with most pAI, cyborg, or AI modules
  • Verbal speech comprehension/synthesis in Galcomm, Tradeband, Gutter, Solcomm, and Trinary (external communication protocols can also be included)
  • Law interpretation and enforcement
  • Blackbox recovery mode on unexpected shutdown
  • Auto-updater

Installation
You can go onto the releases tab for the latest full release, or clone the repository and compile it yourself. One important thing to note, default verbal responses and formatting is all defined in personality/config/main.cfg, and by default that's all just placeholder values. So, make sure you go through that before uploading to a positronic system.

License
I mean honestly, I don't really care what you do with this. I doubt anyone would actually run this on anything important, but you're welcome to use it as a starting point for your own projects, or jailbroken pAIs, or whatever else you wanna do. Doesn't matter much to me.

> Releases

Version 0.2.6: 6 years ago

- Fixes some text sanitization issues
- Patched Space Query Language injection exploit

Files:
> openbot.tar.gz
> openbot.ppm

• Like 4

I've had the idea for a while now of playing a cyborg/AI whose personality is an unfinished abandonware project, uploaded to the machine due to laziness, budget cuts, or both. For the introduction post, I did go a little off of the usual format, but I feel like this is a really fun way to introduce the character's concept. Might see them rolling around the Cyberiad sometime! I'm starting to get into playing cyborg, and hope to graduate to AI in a bit- we'll see!

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use