Clarification Requiredhttps://www.paradisestation.org/forum/topic/22330-clarification-required/

VitorThauma1

Admin(s) Key: unknown
Your ckey (Byond username): VitorThauma
Your Discord name (if applicable): vitorthauma#8535

Date(s) of incident (GMT preferred): 20:08 GMT | 20 march 2022

ROUND ID: unknown

Nature of complaint: Clarification required
(Select all that apply: EG - clarification required, misapplication of rules, misconduct, abuse of powers, feedback, other)
Links to all relevant ban appeals for any bans related to this complaint:

Brief description (tl;dr here. Just the critical elements):
IAA (me) gibbed after faxing CC informing of captain commiting murder, CE commiting mutiny and declaring his department independent, CMO part of deathcult (not gamemode), no NTR being present, no magistrate being present, RD missing and acting HoS not competent enough. HoP also commited mutiny and took over station command after the captain commited but without proper procedure the murder.

Full description of events:

Was an IAA named Frank Adams.
Some sort of admin event led to the captain murdering a crewmember, the CMO being part of a cult and heads taking part in this cult or making their department independent. I contacted CC informing of the situation in an emergency fax, after all relevant heads and people that were supposed to handle it were either compromised, incompetent or non-existant. Shortly after a magistrate arrived so I briefed him and he agreed with me on the mutiny charges for the heads and murder charge for the captain. 

Magistrate ordered arrest of the captain. Security arrested. CC overruled, reason was if I remember correctly (which I may not) was because allegedly heads can't be charged with mutiny. Ignored the murder or the station having no head and sent the captain on parole.

Until now all good, all within their right to overrule even if i dont agree with it and with them saying heads cant be charged with mutiny.

After the CC overruled I said over security frequency that I thought the CC overrule was stupid. Admin gibbed me. Ghosts said I wasn't doing my job properly, that IAAs are only supposed to enforce sop, that IAAs may only make sure space law is followed after the prisoner is processed, etc.  

The overrule also called the magistrate incompetent or something, can't remember it very well.

Some ghost said the only reason I was gibbed was because the ghosts were all asking for it, because I said I thought CC overrule was dumb.

The focus isn't on this being a complaint, but clarification on why I got gibbed, why admin thinks heads cant be charged with mutiny and if the admin thinks I didn't do my job properly as IAA, which you believe I did do something wrong, I'd like to be told what it was.

-------------------------------------------
I believe I was within my right to accuse someone of commiting a crime as IAA. Within roleplay. If I had accused someone of assault, even if if I was wrong, would it still have been handled this way?

I hope I made it clear enough. Not looking for punishment. Only for clarification. This is being sent here because my ahelps were ignored ingame with admins on.

Round ID: 30678

Tossing this in as it appears to coincide with logs. A Head Admin will handle your case when they get a chance!

• FoS changed the title to Clarification Requiredhttps://www.paradisestation.org/forum/topic/22330-clarification-required/
  • 5 months later...

Hello. With authorization from the Heads of Staff, I will be handling this complaint/request for clarification. My sincere apologies for the *long time* it has taken until we were able to get to this. 

As this is long overdue, I will keep it brief and to the point: While it is the job of an IAA to deal with sop and internal affairs, it is not unheard of, in extreme cases, for an IAA to fax CC.

As for the mutiny charge: Nowhere in space law does it say heads/command can not be charged with mutiny. Though in most cases, it is CC that charges a command member with mutiny and deals out the punishment. The magistrate is in their right to charge anyone, even a command member, if there is cause. In matters of space law, the Magistrate's authority is only surpassed by Central Command (Supreme court).

As for being gibbed: CC is not very benevolent or forgiving. If you (repeatedly) loudly express your displeasure with NT ... 'accidents' sometimes happen. That is not to say that everyone who disagrees with CC will be gibbed but this sometimes happens at the discretion of the admin(s) online. There could very well have been some misunderstanding in regards to the situation, on either side/party but you did nothing wrong. You were perhaps a bit too loud with voicing your displeasure IC'ly.

I will be filing this now as resolved.