Modify Research Director SOP

Coolrune206

Presently, the RD's Green SOP allows them to actively wear their reactive teleport armour, and their Red SOP allows them to arm themselves with a weapon from the lathe (with permission). This seems rather odd for someone who is otherwise a civilian, and presents a bit of an issue seeing as the Reactive Teleport Vest is one of the most powerful armor pieces in the game in most conditions. Thus, I propose a modification to their SOP such that: 

Current:

Code Green
1. The Research Director must make sure Research is being done. Research must be completed by the end of the shift, assuming Science is provided the materials for it by Supply;

2. The Research Director is permitted to carry a telescopic baton and a flash;

3. The Research Director is not permitted to bring harmful chemicals outside of Science;

4. The Research Director is permitted to carry their Reactive Teleport Armour on their person. However, it is highly recommended they keep it inactive unless necessary, for personal safety;

5. The Research Director is not permitted to authorize the construction of AI Units without the Captain’s approval. An exception is made if the station was not provided with an AI Unit, or a previous AI Unit had to be destroyed.

6. The Research Director must keep the Communications Decryption Key on their person at all times, or at least somewhere safe and out of reach;

7. The Research Director is permitted to add beneficial scripts to Telecommunications;

8. The Research Director is permitted to change the AI Unit’s lawset, provided they receive general approval from the Captain and another Head of Staff. If there are no other Heads of Staff available, Captain approval will suffice;

9. The Research Director must work with Robotics to make sure all Cyborgs remain slaved to the station’s AI Unit, except in such a situation where the AI Unit has been subverted or is malfunctioning.

Code Blue
1. All Guidelines carry over from Code Green.

Code Red
1. Guidelines 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 carry over from Code Green;

2. In addition to the a telescopic baton and flash, the Research Director is permitted to carry a single weapon created in the Protolathe, provided they receive authorization from the Head of Security. Exception is made during extreme emergencies, such as Nuclear Operatives or Blob Organisms.

3. The Research Director is permitted to bring harmful chemicals outside of Science for delivery to security personnel, so long as either the Head of Security or Captain authorises it. Said chemicals must be for security-oriented purposes (thermite, controlled explosives, crowd control, biohazard containment, etc.).

Modified:

Code Green
1. The Research Director must make sure Research is being done. Research must be completed by the end of the shift, assuming Science is provided the materials for it by Supply;

2. The Research Director is permitted to carry a telescopic baton and a flash;

3. The Research Director is not permitted to bring harmful chemicals outside of Science;

4. The Research Director is not permitted to wear their Reactive Teleport Armour except in emergencies. 

5. The Research Director is not permitted to authorize the construction of AI Units without the Captain’s approval. An exception is made if the station was not provided with an AI Unit, or a previous AI Unit had to be destroyed.

6. The Research Director must keep the Communications Decryption Key on their person at all times, or at least somewhere safe and out of reach;

7. The Research Director is permitted to change the AI Unit’s lawset, provided they receive general approval from the Captain and another Head of Staff. If there are no other Heads of Staff available, Captain approval will suffice;

8. The Research Director must work with Robotics to make sure all Cyborgs remain slaved to the station’s AI Unit, except in such a situation where the AI Unit has been subverted or is malfunctioning.

Code Blue
1. All Guidelines carry over from Code Green.

Code Red
1. Guidelines 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 carry over from Code Green;

3. The Research Director is permitted to bring harmful chemicals outside of Science for delivery to security personnel, so long as either the Head of Security or Captain authorises it. Said chemicals must be for security-oriented purposes (thermite, controlled explosives, crowd control, biohazard containment, etc.).

4. The Research Director is permitted to wear their Reactive Teleport Armour, though it is highly recommended they keep it inactive unless necessary, for personal safety;

Changes:

Article 4 of Code Green modified to prohibit wearing of Reactive Teleport Armour unless in emergencies, Article 4 added to Code Red allowing the Research Director to wear the Reactive Teleport Armour while on red alert.

Article 2 of Code Red deleted, prohibiting the Research Director from arming within their SOP (Crew may still be armed as pertaining to other SOP, which would allow the Research Director to do so, as they are civilian crew).

Article 7 of Code Green removed, as "Beneficial Scripts" are not really a thing that exist with the current implementation of telecommunications to my understanding. Articles 8 and 9 moved downwards accordingly.

• Like 1

Can't agree more, maybe reword the "slaved" to "synced" and while you're at it may I suggest suggest fixing robotics SoP. Overall I like it, alot cleaner. Also you're a goober.

I agree on the reactive armour on green thing, that sounds like a good change to me. 

I'm a bit more indifferent on their SoP stating they can be armed if the HoS approves it.  I don't think I have a strong opinion on that staying or being removed.  For what it's worth the HoP is also a civilian but is authorized to carry their gun for self defense even on green.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use