Make blueshield timelocked

bruhguy1111

Blueshield is not the kind of role i would expect to be karmalocked, it requires skill and knowledge of medical and a little bit of security too, the fact that a inexperienced player in both of those fields can still play blueshield due to metabuddies giving them karma seems kinda dumb, i say we give it a timelock of like 30 hours sec and 30 medical and call it a day

As someone who took quite some time to unlock Blueshield I'm very thankful it's karma-locked. It's not the kind of role you wanted handed out to just anyone given its pretty much command-adjacent role. You've got a job slot whose entire job is to hang around the command staff as a tag-along for the entire round. You absolutely do not want shitters getting into the role. As someone who's been enjoying and not enjoying in equal parts the BS role, I worry more about the people that take command being inexperienced, because invariably my shifts with inexperienced and/or ill-tempered command are the ones where I die horribly trying to protect them.

I wouldn't mind the addition of time requirements in medical/security, but having it karma-locked is an added layer of security that tiders aren't getting into the slots.

We cant timelock on 2 departments at once, but I would say security hours are more important than medical hours.

I fully agree that the ability to play Blueshield should depend on time/experience in a department, as opposed to how big your metagang is

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sonador said:

You've got a job slot whose entire job is to hang around the command staff as a tag-along for the entire round. You absolutely do not want shitters getting into the role.

Luckily Blueshield is one of those roles where you can absolutely tell if someone's being a shitter in it. These people would have a fun adventure in HammerLand.

It would be nice to have some Security requirements to play it, however. Nothing's worse than a Blueshield who can barely handle the tools theyre given.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use