Journal Entry; Agitation

Aligote

I walked into the public farm today, all the plants settled there were dead. It reminded me of a day long ago.

I was sleeping on a hard metal bed haphazardly created, living in a house not my own. I settled in the abandoned home of a prominent judge massacred during the mercenary attack. She doesn't matter though, the fucker jailed me for 3 months and I got a home out of it in the end. As I woke up, a man I remember as MacArthur was standing over me. He took me by the collar and started dragging me out of the room, as I was being forcibly kicked the dead vulgaris plant in the corner of my room stuck with me.

It's funny, the plants in the farm today we're given as much care as the plants I kept for sustenance during harder times. I was a glorified homeless person then, granted the status of citizen and a monthly wage by the planetary government. In truth I was in debt to the police and to poor to buy property. I couldn't buy food and starved regularly, they kicked me when I was down and forced me to pay the bill as well. I should've killed them, especially HIM. But god was to selfish and the planet blew up before I could burn it down myself.

But this station I reside in now...it doesn't bring relief. My crewmembers, they aren't regular people. If the people of Geminus were sociopathic cut-throat capitalists, the people of the Cyberiad are complacent workers distracted by temporary disturbances. They don't question the purpose of the station, those I've discussed with this with appear agitated but forget about it. I can't break myself away with this phenomenon either, I was complacent. When I see a breach I help seal it but I DON'T question it, they say it was the syndicate but don't discuss why they did it. Everywhere I go temporary distractions hold us back, NT had granted a DNA vault, a man in a red suit has blown up a window, spiders are breeding at Chapel. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE it comes from. They keep the crew distracted just enough until the escape shuttle comes. No one not directly connected to NT is a bourgeois extortionist of labor and those who are connected seem oblivious themselves. 

They inform us about the safety hazards but never delve deeper...because they know we can't reject their offer. Out of it all, the most disturbing will always be NT and not those against it. They hold us by the economic thread of life or death. NT is nothing more but an extension of a repressive regime in cahoots with SolGov based on monopolization and coercion of the masses, including their own.

But sometimes, it's the simplest answers which are the most correct. Maybe the Cyberiad is just a glorified mining center disguised as a Science outpost researching the lava planet it orbits. The plasma extracted from the inhabited land is later sent to Centcomm after our leave. In the end, the validity of that doesn't matter BECAUSE I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS ANYMORE. I will do everything to tear as big of a gash into NT as possible. I will exact my revenge on those who have wronged me then and now. I'll just have to wait for the material conditions to ultimately ripen before I do. Agitation is unavoidable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just realized I have covered nearly all of mission briefing by the time I post this. I'm not doing it on purpose I actually wanted to write these.

Edited by Aligote
  • Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use