NSS Hyperion - Build-A-Station event feedback

Sirryan2002

Greetings everyone, I'm opening up this thread for general feedback from the playerbase. If staff would like to provide criticism or feedback, I will also be making a thread for that later in our section of the forums.

I genuinely thought that except the hiccup in the beginning, everything went rather smoothly and well in the execution of the event. I encourage all of you to mention what you enjoyed about the event but also provide constructive feedback as to what you think could be improved. Please do not be rude. You're also free to share any screenshots or stories here as well.

61f6v8.gif.7f8fd2300618f814a21997e99f28478d.gif

Time48.thumb.png.65f55679f6ccf657558530591556feba.png

Spoiler

Atmospherics.png

Departures.png

Engine.png

EscapeTransit.png

Medbay.png

OtherStuff.png

plasmaembassy.png

Research.png

Security1.png

security2.png

TEGRoom.png

Edited by Sirryan2002
added spoiler
  • Like 1

Such a fun event! Only hiccup for me was in the beginning, everyone was kind of 'fighting' over territory. I got kicked out of where I was building 4 times and had to build somewhere else. Once I finally got going though I was able to build quite a bit! Overall such a fun round and gave the crew so much room for creativity of design!

• Like 1

@peter103Did a really great job on this one!, however, I did notice a few problems that we didn't realize would occure while playing in the round
-Everyone should have started with engineering access, the inability to use APCs or Air alarms stopped progress for quite awhile

-The doors to the external areas really should have had a double locking system, so we wouldn't lose as much air

-A huge thing that we honestly should have seen coming was that people were /not/ going to help alot of the time, and that more EVA suits would have been AMAZING to help with that problem, because people ended up hoarding them even if they didn't need them.

• Like 3

I was the Cap for the round but i joined half way in, it was so much damn fun to try and organize ( and fail) to get the place ready for the inspector

LET IT STAND THAT WE GOT 81 OUT OF 100

Later reduced to 80 due to the live frying and eating of Ian

As my first round as cap aswell

Edited by RootSong121
  • Like 1

My feedback can come from the view point of a Cargo Tech, then the QM near the end.

The initial starting station could use a little more in terms of "Halls" going East, West, and South, to give just a little more wiggle room in how people may construct things, as almost INSTANTLY cargo got boxed into not being able to have any sort of expansion or development beyond tearing down a few walls and adding a few more doors so the in/out flow was just barely annoying, considering how small the area is, and how many people would just cram in trying to order things, or waiting for their things despite being told it won't come in for a bit, ect.

Job slots may also need some tweaking for the map itself, we had 5-6 people in that tiny cargo space...was very difficult to really get anything moved at times.

The starting Mining zone may need to be moved closer to cargo as well, as....it seems cargo is the natural magnet for miners, and we had a lot of them come over asking where to go.

• Like 2

I worked in Genetics and didn't have that much to do during the midgame besides throwing vegetables at a security officer. The kinda decentralized design process of things growing organically from the center made things interesting, but it's hard to get creative yourself when someone already has a vision for the place. But that's probably my fault for not voicing my own opinions enough. I ended up just doing menial tasks placing floor tiles, cleaning and annoying security with a door controller I stole. Overall the initial start was good, though a bit cramped (I know that's the point). It would be interesting to see a similar event but with maybe 3 smaller stations with a goal of linking up or something like that with 3 of each head of staff. Would be fun to see how the stations could choose to act independently or unify or if the captains disagree organize sabotage or attacks on the other stations.

Anyway, good event, well organized by the admins. 

• Like 1
  • eyes 1

4 hours ago, Jon said:

I worked in Genetics and didn't have that much to do during the midgame besides throwing vegetables at a security officer. The kinda decentralized design process of things growing organically from the center made things interesting, but it's hard to get creative yourself when someone already has a vision for the place. But that's probably my fault for not voicing my own opinions enough. I ended up just doing menial tasks placing floor tiles, cleaning and annoying security with a door controller I stole. Overall the initial start was good, though a bit cramped (I know that's the point). It would be interesting to see a similar event but with maybe 3 smaller stations with a goal of linking up or something like that with 3 of each head of staff. Would be fun to see how the stations could choose to act independently or unify or if the captains disagree organize sabotage or attacks on the other stations.

Anyway, good event, well organized by the admins. 

actually not a bad idea, i'm thinking something like nations

• angryeyes 1

I definitely feel like this event suffered from the massive pop. I understand why people were pinged about it and it was at high pop, everyone wanted to be included, but I feel like 120 people is just too many for this type of thing and that put me off massively.

in future, not doing it at such massive pops or even making use of the second server, to have two instances running at once, could be interesting. this way we could have 2 stations and we could compare them at the end. 60 players seems a lot more reasonable.

I also think that the number of space suits/RCDs/atmos holofans was really lacking. 

atmos holofans specifically, atmos was killing the server at one point and people being able to stop atmos moving temporarily would really help with the CPU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use