Slime person revival idea

Abigail886

So I was chatting with Exavere about slime people and their revival mechanics since cloning doesnt work on them. I was surprised after hearing only SR works on them to come back. And responded that It wouldnt have surprised me if they said that you could put their slime core into a slime from Xeno to grow them a new body. So here is my suggestion

I think it would be interesting if you could put a dead slime persons slime core into a slime to grow them a new body, or something similar Xenobio could do. It would take time of course, like most forms of revival, but it would bring more than just one way to revive the race. Not sure how hard it would be on a coding scale, but it doesnt sound to hard in my head... then again coding is always harder than it sounds.

Slime people are remarkably easy to heal up because they never get fractures due to not having bones. I dont think they any buffs even if its a minor one. 

5 hours ago, Abigail886 said:

So I was chatting with Exavere about slime people and their revival mechanics since cloning doesnt work on them. I was surprised after hearing only SR works on them to come back. And responded that It wouldnt have surprised me if they said that you could put their slime core into a slime from Xeno to grow them a new body. So here is my suggestion

I think it would be interesting if you could put a dead slime persons slime core into a slime to grow them a new body, or something similar Xenobio could do. It would take time of course, like most forms of revival, but it would bring more than just one way to revive the race. Not sure how hard it would be on a coding scale, but it doesnt sound to hard in my head... then again coding is always harder than it sounds.

Slime people do not need a buff in any way, they are in the most balanced state they have been in for quite a long time. 
Now, SR surgery is not actually very difficult, realistically you are going to need ~5 units of mito and a pill of SR, maybe a bit more mito if those organs die on you, but it's really not that bad, just forces medical to play in a more proactive way.
Now you can also just do a brain transplant and plastic surgery on a converted humanized monkey if you really want to do this, so I frankly don't understand this

1 hour ago, Generaldonothing said:

Slime people do not need a buff in any way, they are in the most balanced state they have been in for quite a long time. 
Now, SR surgery is not actually very difficult, realistically you are going to need ~5 units of mito and a pill of SR, maybe a bit more mito if those organs die on you, but it's really not that bad, just forces medical to play in a more proactive way.
Now you can also just do a brain transplant and plastic surgery on a converted humanized monkey if you really want to do this, so I frankly don't understand this

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Slime people are remarkably easy to heal up because they never get fractures due to not having bones. I dont think they any buffs even if its a minor one. 

Wasnt really thinking of it as a buff but I see how it technically is one. Was more thinking how it would be interesting and give Xenobio another thing to do with their slimes, similar to how a roboticist usually handles the repairs of IPC's and such, Xenobios would become the defacto revival point of slimes. Similar to how humans go through cloning, but possibly longer and with no way to make it shorter like you can the cloning pod. Thought it sounded interesting and Exavere seemed to agree with me on that, so thought I would post a topic here on it so the coders could see it.

I agree, remove slime "people" or at least forbid them from leaving xenobiology.

Also not to be that person who points out "Balance" in roleplay game but vox are 1000 times worse than slimepeople but have same revival methods, so giving slimes another revival method that vox dont have access to ain't too nice.

Edited by Meow19
  • Salt 4

17 minutes ago, Abigail886 said:

Wasnt really thinking of it as a buff but I see how it technically is one. Was more thinking how it would be interesting and give Xenobio another thing to do with their slimes, similar to how a roboticist usually handles the repairs of IPC's and such, Xenobios would become the defacto revival point of slimes. Similar to how humans go through cloning, but possibly longer and with no way to make it shorter like you can the cloning pod. Thought it sounded interesting and Exavere seemed to agree with me on that, so thought I would post a topic here on it so the coders could see it.

Don't love that idea frankly, just let medical do their job

not to mention, if any of the limbs go dead on SR revival, you can simply amputate them, since slimes can regrow limbs easily, which makes this revival method even more easy than normally.

sure, idea sounds nice role-playing wise, but balance wise, im with the rest, they don't need any new perks.

3 hours ago, Meow19 said:

I agree, remove slime "people" or at least forbid them from leaving xenobiology.

Also not to be that person who points out "Balance" in roleplay game but vox are 1000 times worse than slimepeople but have same revival methods, so giving slimes another revival method that vox dont have access to ain't too nice.

Imo voxes belong in trashcan not in space station. I hope they make patch soon. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use