The orb

peter103

This was originally something i wrote very quickly in  10 minutes 2 weeks ago and forgot about, i sent it on para's discord and some people seemed to like the idea and suggested posting it on the forums

Name of Event:The Orb

One Sentence Description:Funny wizard and 3 of his (weaker) apprentices try to replace the station's SM with a magic orb

Full Description of Event:

I'd like to put the full description before all this so the next ones make better sense.,

So, a wizard and three apprentices, a new antag similar to the wizard who can only choose one spell, must replace the SM with the all-knowing magical orb, but in order for it to spawn, they must first complete a few objectives, such as killing a target, destroying a location, and other such devious tasks.

In the case that the wizards meets his demise, he'd be able to be revived by his apprentices using ressurection points, which you need to use 2 to perform a resurrection. thing is, the process of reviving has one of those timer things and is also blindingly bright, thus patience and a welding helmet are required. each apprentice starts with one point, but by completing three randomly picked personal objectives, they can earn more.

• Use a pair of clown shoes for 10 minutes

• Replace the flooring on the bar to be completly carpet

• Space the ORM

• Gather 2000 credits

• Win 3 games on the orion trail

• Drink 100 units of toilet water

• Cuff the mime to a pipe

• Stack 25 snap pops and make someone step on them

• Steal a crewmember's id and change their name to say something burglar

• Build a room and give it a bed, a table, a chair and a locker/closet

• Replace all airlocks that lead to the libbrary with walls

• Make 2 lube grenades

• Get a weed cigarette from the psychiatrist's locker and pass it between 3 people (you count) before it runs out

• Break 4 glass bottles on someone's head

After the main objectives, which are given to the wizard at round start are finished THE ORB will be summoned, which will autopath to the SM, the orb cannot be stopped but it CAN be slowed down using water, so if a crewmember uses a fire extinguisher they can buy themselves some extra time, if the orb reaches the sm it will probably give a similar ending to the station getting nuked

There's a few things that i wanted to mention but i couldn't fit nicely anywhere in this description so i'll just put them here, the apprentices would probably be distinguished by wearing red wizard suits and hats (which are already in the code) and black sneakers instead of sandals, there could probably be a wizard channel similar to clings so they can communicate with each other.

Map Changes: No

No, unless the spawns for the apprentices count

Code Changes: Yes

Most likely yes, there's a bunch of stuff i listed that might not be possible in paradise's codebase, like the apprentice antag, the fact that they can only choose one spell, the ressurection points mechanic, and the behaviour of the orb itself

Objectives could be controlled by admins maybe? not sure how that'd work

Suggested Number of Players:

The usual player numbers should do just fine

Edited by peter103

What happens if every event character is clobbered within the first 15 minutes for being wizards?

2 hours ago, Sirryan2002 said:

What happens if every event character is clobbered within the first 15 minutes for being wizards?

you HAVE a point, you'd be lucky if you got to 15 minutes

Edited by peter103

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use