Changelings should not have other Changelings as objectives

Squeek

This could also be a bug report but that section appeared locked to me.

Not even 1 hour ago I was playing as changeling with the objective of killing another player. The player went into a cryogenic pod before I could reach them so I got a message from the server saying that my objective was now unreachable and I had a new objective. 

The new objective was:IMG_20220106_233926.thumb.jpg.a11a01609791bdf43f557bbb6533da66.jpg

(forgive me for the low quality)

Alberto Carr also was a changeling and yet the game set them as a target for me (at the time I still didn't know that he was a changeling).

Being focused on the kill I didn't watch the chat and I noticed too late that my objective was effectively also an ally at the same time... 

I don't know if it was a bug or if changelings are supposed to kill each other sometimes, in the second scenario I suggest to change this setting as it doesn't make much sense in my opinion. 

This is the part of the forums for suggesting events. As in admin events. This would fit more in the actual suggestions area for suggesting it as a change. Changelings are, to the best of my knowledge, supposed to be able to have each other as targets that's part of the game because not all antags are supposed to be able to fully trust each other.

Yeah as things currently stand, despite them being able to communicate with each other through a "hive mind", they aren't actually a team antag.

Like traitors n vamps they CAN work together but don't NEED to.

Edited by ZN23X
moved this to suggestions

Traitors can also communicate with eachother over syndicate comms.  Being able to communicate with eachother privately doesn't necessarily mean they are all friendly with eachother. 

Just like Esseno said, I personally think the possibility of another traitor or changeling betraying you after working together adds a little extra excitement.  It makes it so that if you want to work with other traitors or changelings it becomes a risk vs. reward scenario.

Edited by Rythen

14 minutes ago, Rythen said:

Traitors can also communicate with eachother over syndicate comms.  Being able to communicate with eachother privately doesn't necessarily mean they are all friendly with eachother. 

Just like Esseno said, I personally think the possibility of another traitor or changeling betraying you after working together adds a little extra excitement.  It makes it so that if you want to work with other traitors or changelings it becomes a risk vs. reward scenario.

The only main problem with it though, at least from what I've seen, is that changeling targets are very hard to pursue if they change identity at any point in time, similar to if your target were to get plastic surgery.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ZN23X said:

Yeah as things currently stand, despite them being able to communicate with each other through a "hive mind", they aren't actually a team antag.

Like traitors n vamps they CAN work together but don't NEED to.

It kinda conflicts with the fact they even have an hive mind tho.

While with traitors it works because they are individuals who, according to the lore, don't even necessarily have to be actual undercover agents and could actually be simple employees that were intimidated to do stuff, in the case of changelings it doesn't feel like making much sense, especially with the hive mind feature (that would confirm they are in fact all part of a larger entity). 

Grey's have a hive mind, they are seperate entities

Not much changeling lore actually exists.

A better suggestion would be to straight up tell you, assassinate ms. Theta the changeling. And then give you an option to get an ability which is like a pinpointer for changelings. And that would make the objective much more interesting.

• Like 2

Other codebases have ways for changelings to tell/track other changelings and that's something I'd love for us to have, as I do agree antag v antag gameplay is some of the most interesting there is but trying to find a disguised cling can be nigh impossible.

Remember there's already a cling discussion thread opened, feel free to add to the discussion there if you have some ideas on how to improve changelings !

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use