Make upright neckgrabbed people act as a meatshield against projectiles

Pyrodes

dunno how hard this is to code but would be cool if we had a feature where if you neckgrabbed someone they would get hit by any projectiles fired in the direction they're facing as long as they're upright

just came up with this idea on the discord and thought it was cool enough to put it on the forums

• Like 2
  • explodyparrot 1

Does this not already happen? I seem to recall that neckgrabbed people, although visually just about sharing a tile with their captor, reside on the tile adjacent to their captor in which they're facing, just with their sprite translated.

42 minutes ago, Sonador said:

Does this not already happen? I seem to recall that neckgrabbed people, although visually just about sharing a tile with their captor, reside on the tile adjacent to their captor in which they're facing, just with their sprite translated.

This is not the case, they are located on the tile of the grabber

Some potential issues:
If they're required to be upright, that means they can simply *rest to stop being a shield.
On the other hand, if they're not required to be upright, corpses become the best shields in the game, along with being a projectile with knockdown.

There might need to be specific code to force conscious victims upright, and prevent the manual sleep verb.

Seems like it might be messy to implement, but it could lead to some cool scenarios.

Edited by Pckables

To be quite honest, resting shouldn't work if you are restrained/stunned. 

I'm sick of people holding hostages and then they just rest and security unga grungas them

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Charliminator said:

I'm sick of people holding hostages and then they just rest and security unga grungas them

Agreed, I've tried to use someone to bodyblock disablers before and they just spam *rest

6 hours ago, Charliminator said:

I agree, and I personally would like to see some sort of mechanical penalty to disincentivize people from doing this. Maybe you take small amounts of brute damage because your arms are being dragged over your head whilst you're restrained, or it applies a timer of 30-ish seconds on resting again because of the effort it takes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use