Obsession antag

wow50000

i am unsure of the coding difficulty depending on if it can be ported or coded itself
its scope would be a new traitor type which could be rarer which is somewhat big ?
this is likely balanced as i doubt it would ruin the game if played correctly and just makes one character have an obsession over another

basically it would run like a standard traitor but the traitor has to spend X amount of time near their target and possibly steal some of their roundstart items/clothing etc.

i am only suggesting this because 
1. no one on the discord has said its a bad idea
2. i cant find it suggested on the forums
3. i think it would work well in paradises gameplay

if you disagree please tell me why

I'm not sure about adding that objective to antagonists, especially since traitors already have a "protect" objective. Minor theft doesn't make a great objective either, but I do think you have a good basis for something similar:

I like the idea of a spontaneous, non-murdery game of cat-and-mouse. Could spark some fun RP, or encourage interaction between people who normally wouldn't have.

To Summarize:
- Player X and player Y both get objectives.
- Player X must stay near Y for a majority of time. (Player Y must also be conscious for this to count. No Ether memes).
- Player Y must avoid player X for that amount of time.
- If either player dies, both fail their objectives.

This wouldn't be its own antagonist (or really an antagonist at all), rather a random happenstance added onto the current role.
This objective could be round-length, or more likely, have a time frame (say 30 minutes).
These objectives can appear mid-round and to multiple people.
and it should be separate from traitor, though there should be tools to aid in locating your objective.

Edited by Pckables
Added some clarifications and opinion on OG

It would be incredibly annoying to try and deal with an antag that is surgically attached to your target if you happen to get a kill-antag objective.

Also, what if Security gets called. Are both or one of the antags able to kill them to succeed on their objective? Are they allowed to use lethal force to kill all of security if they came to separate them both?

I like the idea a lot, but perhaps it would be something more suited to when we have the dynamic gamemode?

16 hours ago, Pckables said:

I'm not sure about adding that objective to antagonists, especially since traitors already have a "protect" objective. Minor theft doesn't make a great objective either, but I do think you have a good basis for something similar:

I like the idea of a spontaneous, non-murdery game of cat-and-mouse. Could spark some fun RP, or encourage interaction between people who normally wouldn't have.

To Summarize:
- Player X and player Y both get objectives.
- Player X must stay near Y for a majority of time. (Player Y must also be conscious for this to count. No Ether memes).
- Player Y must avoid player X for that amount of time.
- If either player dies, both fail their objectives.

This wouldn't be its own antagonist (or really an antagonist at all), rather a random happenstance added onto the current role.
This objective could be round-length, or more likely, have a time frame (say 30 minutes).
These objectives can appear mid-round and to multiple people.
and it should be separate from traitor, though there should be tools to aid in locating your objective.

yeah the gamemode probably should be able to happen in any round barring wiz and nukies, would giving the stalker built in senses like a locator for the obsession that tells the general area+ highlight objects that should be stolen ?

15 hours ago, Blessed said:

It would be incredibly annoying to try and deal with an antag that is surgically attached to your target if you happen to get a kill-antag objective.

Also, what if Security gets called. Are both or one of the antags able to kill them to succeed on their objective? Are they allowed to use lethal force to kill all of security if they came to separate them both?

would it be possible to make the target of a stalker antag not be a kill target ? and im guessing the stalker would be allowed to use short term non harmful stuns on sec like bolas/stunprods and run ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use