Biography - Yachichatahiya

Diethyl

Excerpts from file 1102526795-5553

OPEN

(Publicly known or easily acquired information)

Name:

Yachichatahiya

Male

Orientation:

Asexual

Nicknames/Alias:

Yachi

Picture:

yachirefsketch.thumb.png.aa57a15f923400a1247939a761583385.png

Physical Description:

An unusually tall vox of lean physique. Sports medium-length spiked quills and a mane-like beard. Frequently seen donning winter wear and a flower on his head. Body covered in extensive scarring.

Age/D.O.B:

Unknown

Place Of Birth:

Arkship Brilliant Quasar of Many Bountiful Neutrinos

Species:

Vox

Height:

256cm

Weight:

60Kg

Blood Type:

B-

Employment History:

Former Head Physician of the Arkship 'Brilliant Quasar'

Current member of the non-profit organization Medecin Sans Souveraineté

Formal Education:

PhDs in Medicine, Bioengineering and Pharmaceutics 

Masters degree in Botanical Research

Background:

Very little is known about the Brilliant Quasar Arkship. According to the doctor's own account, he was always fascinated by the mechanics of life since his youth. He'd spent most of his free time reading up on the Shoal's extensive biotech knowledge, alongside xenobiology magazines and medical publications.

After reaching adulthood, he began working as a nurse for one of his Arkship's marginal Primalis medical bays. After three years of hard work and further studying, and with a recommendation from his superiors, he was allowed to work at the central medical bay. There he would further his knowledge and experience by dealing with more critical cases and even the occasional wounded Armalis.

Within a decade, he would rise to the position of chief physician, overseeing all medical operations within the ship. However, according to his own account, he felt restricted by his species' exclusion from the rest of the known universe, and before long, he resigned to seek employment across the stars.

Personality:

Doctor Yachichatahiya is frequently described as atypically kind and easygoing, going out of his way to provide the best care for his patients and colleagues alike. He might occasionally show strong signs of neuroticism and even paranoia, but he evidently tries his hardest to be reliable at all times. He is also rather firmly against violence of any kind, refusing to raise a hand against anybody unless the circumstances are well and truly beyond any other alternative. He is particularly protective of his kin, gladly putting his own life on the line to keep them out of harm's way. Such protective instincts are seldom shown towards other species, but not unheard of.

He is known to appreciate coffee, either black or with a dash of milk depending on his current mood. As of late, he has also been in the habit of smoking, a coping mechanism for the high stress of his environment. His favorite meal are barbeque ribs, but most preparations of meat are appreciated. His social life is nigh-inexistent outside his workplace, either because he is far too tired for further interaction, or because he is quite lacking in social graces. This however does not seem to cause him much grief. He also carries himself with a degree of poise and optimism, jokingly claiming to be "the world's strongest doctor" and taking great care to ensure his patients' emotional comfort.

He once spoke in the fractured and unorthodox Common dialect often shared by his kin, as the language felt strange and uncomfortable on his beak. He has since performed several operations to alter his facial muscles, allowing for more fluent speech. It allegedly got in the way of communication and bedside manner. When asked about his freakish stature, he claims it's due to sleeping a lot while growing up, thus allowing his bones to keep growing. He also frequently dons a gas mask, both to hide his scarring and to better protect his face against the occasional blood splatter.

Life:

The doctor currently resides in a small residential station, orbiting the snow planet M1SWMN-3, of the QN-2585 system. When not on shift, he's known to enjoy tending to his hydroponic garden or frequenting planetside cafés. He also personally owns hospital-grade medical research equipment, with an entire room dedicated to his studies. As his residence is very remote from any of the stations he is assigned to, he is known to take a route of several FTL shuttles to work. Despite their advanced technology, his commute times can clock in at several hours at a time.

He has a tenuous relationship with authority, generally avoiding any trouble and happy to cooperate but not particularly devout to his employers or the Shoal. He is known to have somewhat materialistic views, but ultimately, it appears he truly does prioritize the well being of his crew above anything else.

As per his MSS affiliation, he offers his work to several stations in high risk sectors of space. As his work is frequently voluntary, most of his salary goes back to the organization, and he only takes a small share for his own livelihood. Despite this, he is not above taking souvenirs or direct payment from his patients. It is believed he's in dire need of personal funding for his research, but refuses to take any from the organization.

FINDINGS

(Lesser known or seldom shared information)

Spoiler
  • Yachichatahiya's body age is speculated to be in its mid 30s. Stack age shows conflicting data. Earliest records would suggest it is in the ballpark of 600 to 700 years old, but actual composition and wear suggests it was made far more recently. The doctor himself refuses to provide a specific date, saying he has long stopped counting.
  • The lack of records on the doctor's home Arkship has led to some speculation. It is possible he is intentionally misnaming it, or that it simply never existed. Furthermore, the Shoal has been uncooperative in divulging any information regarding the doctor's past. His experience as an NT employee at least does corroborate with his alleged education.
  • He has gone on record claiming to be married to a male spouse. No information about this supposed spouse has ever been found, nor have they ever been seen. His residence is unfit for shared living.
  • Further study of his commute revealed its long duration is due to the doctor taking strange routes, typically ones that lead to the SCB-EX308 star system, wherein he leaves the shuttle station for a significant amount of time. Attempts to pinpoint his trajectory or tail him once outside the station have proved fruitless. 
  • The scarring across his body, alongside his large stature, are believed to be due to rather extensive body modification. The full extent and specifics of what procedures were conducted is still unknown. Other vox have been heard asking him about it, to which will typically reply that they are best not knowing, or that perhaps one day he will teach them.
  • Alongside his known research and fields of study, the doctor has a fascination with the mechanical. While his body appears to be largely organic, he is rather fascinated by cyborgs and cybernetic augments of all kind. Some claim he has gone at length about the significance of integrating what is fabricated with what is borne. It seems as of late he intentionally avoids the subject, however.
  • When faced with threats of violence, the doctor does not back down easily. Be it from NT, the Syndicate, or whoever else. He has gone on record telling his understandably worried colleagues that "violence simple does not work on me" and "they could not hurt me in any way that would matter."
  • He cannot handle his liquor. Nothing of value was gleaned from his drunken rambling. Unfortunately he's a sappy drunk, not an unfiltered one.

CLASSIFIED

(If you are reading this, cease immediately and hand this paper over to your local NT Officer)

Spoiler

Document Class B5

Found in site C-41, at northern end of the Lium continent in M1SWMN-3. Cabin was partially destroyed and buried under thick snow. Recording was retrieved from a small box, under what was assumed to have once been a bed. Other recordings contained no relevant information or had been damaged beyond repair. Cabin had a hidden basement, but it was fully caved in. Attempts to excavate have not resulted in any valuable new findings.

Document has been digitally translated from Vox-Pidgin. The following is a transcript:

I went to bed in my quarters last night. Today, I have woken up in this cabin. That can only mean two things. First of all, I have perished, and my stack has been terminated one way or another. Chances are, I've been caught. That's the bad news. The good news, and the second thing, is that Project Bluebird has worked.

I certainly never imagined I would come to test it in this fashion, but it looks like I well and truly ran out of time. My final backup was before I laid down (Perhaps I should increase their frequency? Fine tune the methods?) so I cannot say for sure what transpired during my passing. Within the current parameters of my personal fabricator, alongside the current margins, I assume that night was at least a week ago.

And the lack of testing is certainly showing. I believe the bones in my chest cavity have not fully formed. My left leg and left arm's muscles have been attached incorrectly as well, and my right eye's vision is heavily impaired. But most important of all, my memories appear largely intact, so the hardest part might have turned out just fine. All things considered, marvelous results for an impromptu emergency run. I will have to look into these issues, but...

But above all else, I am incredibly glad to be alive.

Alas, things will be a little more complicated from now on. That I am here means that my private research was compromised. And that I was probably terminated by the Bottomless Pit's Auralis themselves. Being dead to the Shoal should have its perks, but it means I no longer have "easy" access to their biotech.

I have faith I can keep going. It's only up from here. Not to mention, while I may have lost so much, I still have all my knowledge, and all that I could smuggle onto this cabin. It should give me a head start in getting back up on my feet. Not that I quite can, with this leg like this. Perhaps, first order of business should be the fine tuning after all. I'll need a body capable of carrying me around and then some.

The vox- wait, my name- Hmmm, I suppose not all memories made it fine. I have extra records, just in case, but I think- ah, yes. The one thing I never thought to jot down was my name. I've written it thousands of times in my life, except in the one place I truly needed to. I can only hope I'm not missing any other vital information I forgot to jot down.

But it doesn't matter. This too is fine by me. The vox that lived on that station, worked tirelessly for its health, and thought to perhaps enrich the whole galaxy instead, is deceased. I'll need a new name, a new code even.

And then, it's back to pushing limits once again. Maybe someday, I'll get there.

The Covenant Arkship. My Covenant Arkship.

Still a pipe dream, got a lot of work ahead of me. But this breakthrough in the architecture of cortical stacks fills me with hope. Or maybe it's just my lungs about to collapse.

End of file 1102526795-5553. Authored by Agent 'Mountain".

Edited by Diethyl
  • Like 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use