Employee File: Olivia Lain

Name: Olivia Grace Lain

Species: Human

Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY): 04/08/2538 (Age 27)

Homeworld: Mars - Tharsis Rise, District 15

Blood Type: O+

Applicable Positions

• Chief Engineer
  • Engineer
  • Atmospheric Technician
  • Roboticist

Qualifications

Olivia graduated from Alan Carson High School in Tharsis Rise, District 13 and earned her standard Nanotrasen EVA and Engineering (ENG-1) certification while employed with ORE Ltd, operating out of the NSS Eros in Mars orbit.

She later attended the Nanotrasen Academy in Tharsis Rise, earning her advanced engineering (ENG-2), atmospheric technician (AT-1), and engine operation (E-SM1, E-TESLA) certifications.

While posted as a Station Engineer aboard the NSS Cyberiad, she underwent additional training, earning her ENG-3 and E-SM2 certifications.

At the recommendation of [[ERR00115]], Olivia underwent basic command training (COMM-1) at Nanotrasen Epsilon Eridani Sector Headquarters.

Employment Records

• 2562-Present // Engineer - Nanotrasen Research Division
  • 2558-2560 // Miner, Mechanic - Orbital Resource Extraction Ltd.
  • 2556-2558 // Waitress, Assistant Manager - Mr. Chang’s 

Medical Records

• HEIGHT: 160cm // 5'2"
  • WEIGHT: 52kg // 114lbs
  • EYE COLOR: Green (Cybernetic)
  • PHYSICAL NOTES: Bishop Cybernetic left arm, moderate scarring on left side of body, smoker
  • PSYCH PROFILE: Possible attention deficit. Heavy anti-authority and anti-establishment beliefs. Worrying disregard for SOP. How did this chick get approved for command training?

Security File (RESTRICTED)

Spoiler
  • Sep. 2563 - Altercation with resident clown aboard NSS Kerberos. Formal warning issued.
  • Nov. 2563 - Smoking in medbay lobby aboard NSS Kerberos. Refused to put out the cigarette when asked by CMO. Security called. No administrative action.
  • Nov. 2563 - Pulled a fire alarm when there was no fire. Demerit added to record, lost profits deducted from pay.
  • Jan. 2564 - Failed to report to her station during a Red Alert incident aboard NSS Kerberos. Formal investigation ordered but came back inconclusive.
  • Jan. 2564 - Reassigned to NSS Cyberiad at the request of Kerberos Chief Engineer and [[ERR00115]]

Threat Assessment (Conducted by NT Lt. Adam Dale, filed Mar. 2564): MODERATE

After the little syndie incident on the Kerberos last month, I’ve been tasked with investigating and observing Ms. Lain.

In short, I don’t like this girl. She’s difficult to work with, she was rude to my officers, she left cigarette butts on our floor, and she was extremely resistant to any sort of questioning we tried to give her, whether it was about the incident or about what she had for breakfast. The thing that baffled me was when we observed her working with her peers. Amiable, helpful, downright pleasant to be around, but as soon as she saw any of my officers, banter quickly turned to insults. How anyone can stand to have her as a subordinate is beyond me, she’s got an anti-authority streak a mile long.

Physically, she’s not a threat. At all. I reckon a stiff breeze could probably knock her over if she weren’t braced for it. Maybe it’s the reduced gravity on Mars. I dunno.

The real threat with this girl is her intelligence. Looking through her academic records, it’s a wonder she isn’t a doctor or a scientist or something. Straight A’s in school, passed her engineering certs in less than a year. Passed E-SM2 with a 98%. She’s crafty, too. Seemed like she always knew when she was being watched, and she managed to give my officers the slip more than once.

Her work history worries me, as well. Worked at a Mr. Changs? Somehow got a hold of Bishop tech on a miner’s salary? A nearly two-year gap in employment? I don’t know what this hiring manager was thinking, hiring her for the research division.

My gut feeling is she has some sort of connection to the Spider Clan, but I have nothing solid enough to suggest termination. I recommend keeping a sharp eye on her at the very least. Do with that what you will.

Biography

Olivia was born[[ERR00115 NOTE:I hate when suits try to talk for me.

I’m just a normal, fun loving girl, trying to make her way in the world.

I’m a hopeless romantic, I love to play guitar, and I love working with my hands.

All that other stuff about my past doesn’t matter. I look to the future.

If you’re reading this and you’re not a CentComm bootlicker, then I hope you have a wonderful day.]]

Edited by Retrograde115
Formatting
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use