a thought on pet/fish

xoyv

so been kinda having a train of thought about various aspects of fish, and i figure that i'd kinda put it here

one, fish weight

so not all fish are equal, some are more equal than others, right? the general think i'm thinking is that maybe some fish should take up MORE space in a tank than others, since you know, they'd physically take up more space. so some fish would have a heigher "weight" to them, meaning they take up multiple slots in a tank. a general idea:

goldfish, feederfish, glowfish, shrimp: 1 fish

baby space carp, clownfish: 2 fish

salmon: 3 fish

shark, catfish, eel: 4 fish

note: some of the bigger fish can't completely fill a tank, to allow for feeder fish in

and two, sturgeon

sturgeon being a new type of fish, only available from off station(say, a cargo order). with a weight of 4. sturgeon require a diet of shrimp rather than feeder fish, but if raised give delectable flesh and tasty roe, the supreme food for any snobbish heads of staff.

and that's about it. ignore the fish weight system if you really want, but the sturgeon one is essentially the core thing i've been thinking about

• 2 months later...

maybe maek a thing about sturgeon then

honestly the fish weight thing doesnt seem like it adds any real utility or meaning to the station

i'd rather yhey spend more time on other things

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use