Returning player

BugsBurn

Hi Bugsburn. Most of anyone who play's will know me as Noggin though. I'm returning to the game after around a 9month break. Wanting to get back into the swing of things. Curious if anyone might have tips or suggestions. Last I played new medical got implemented and is how I lost my medical license because I thought it was dumb when the old one worked fine. But I see a lot of issues I had with it originally got ironed out. Has any other new or super interesting features made their way? Or straight feature removals I have not noticed yet? Thanks again to anyone who replies.

Welcome back!

There have been alot of changes in that time but some that come to mind off hand: Pod pilots/mechanic being removed, jobs like magistrate no longer being karma locked, but instead security hour locked annnnnd a couple of big ones such as: MAP ROTATION!!!!! and the removal of tazers in favor of disablers to start to rid ourselves of that "instant stun" kind of combat.

Best to check the changelog once you boot up the server to get a complete list of all the changes.

• Like 1

Ahh I noticed mechanic being gone. Didn't know pod pilot was too. Shame, they were fun roles but alas were just karma locked greytide with a free set of tools. Well mechanic was at least. Also map rotation hype! I never thought was gonna be finished. And I believe disablers instead of taser is likely a healthy change. Looks like I got a lot of fun stuff to learn. Thank you!

Mechanic and Pod pilot weren't so much removed because of the jobs themselves being issues, they were removed because pods as a whole feature were being removed because of issues with pod code and balance around pods and such.

Having multiple maps has been awesome but people still vote Cyberiad way more often than the other maps even though delta is clearly the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Sec borgs, lethal shotgun shells(from autolathes), null crates and brig phys were removed.

Morph, vampire and cult (depending on how long ago) have been reworked since you left. Tesla was replaced with the SM round start. Probably some other things that I'm missing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use