How was your first experience as a captain of a ship?

sammiekun

My first experience as captain was when I was playing HoP and had to step up to Acting Captain.  It turned out to be a nukie round and it was awful and not a great first experience.

Honestly, in a lot of ways though, HoS is the most difficult command position to play in my opinion.  Captain is able to delegate a lot to their heads of staff and doesn't need to frequently be involved in every decision going on in departments and doesn't need to be involved in hunting down threats.

The best way to see what playing captain is like would be if you try out Head of Personnel and then kinda shadow the captain when you aren't busy at your desk.

That, combined with basic knowledge of what all the departments are doing and should be doing is a good start.  You want to know enough about what all the departments do that you can make sure they are doing what they should be but you don't need to know so much that you're able to do it all yourself.

You should also have a good understanding of SoP and Space Law but if you play HoS then I assume that you already know that sort of stuff.

Edited by Rythen

• 2 months later...

My first time being ACTING captain I was the HOS and it was such a hellish round that both the captain and HOP were killed with no chance of revival. I don't remember what exactly happened through the round but it was INSANELY busy and violent and when things calmed down in the last 10 minutes and I just got to go sit in my new office and have a smoke. This image is a reflection of how chaotic the round was. It kind of felt perfect for my first time becoming acting captain as HOS.

CAPTAIN.PNG

• dead 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use