New Traitor Item: Executioner

MisterMan

Overview:

Disclaimer: I am ass at coding and this is just a concept

Spoiler

Guns are cool. Traitors currently only get three guns to choose from, with drastically different price points. A difference of nine telecrystals between the first and second choices doesn't leave a lot of room for traitors who want a powerful gun with additional gear. The goal of the Executioner is to provide an intermediary stage between the Stechkin and .357 revolver, while still having other desirable utility.

General:

Spoiler

Comes pre-loaded with buckshot, in a box with three additional buckshot shells, a bandolier, a flash, and a survival knife.

Pump-action, with a substantial cooldown between shots.

Does a normal amount of damage at point blank range, but has a high spread and heavily decreased damage at range. 

When executing someone, deals severe brain damage and blows their head off if there are at least two shells remaining in the gun, using up both. Causes an extremely loud, distinctive sound. 

Specifics:

Spoiler

Three shell capacity. 

Eight [possibly more] telecrystal cost.

Is a medium-sized object. 

Has a very distinctive firing noise.

Additional buckshot can be purchased at the price of one telecrystal for two shells. 

Can only be loaded with buckshot or rubber shot. 

Can be suppressed, which increases its size.

Can have flash and knife attachments, which do not increase its size, and can be used with a HUD button while on the gun. The flash has a long cooldown.

Utility:

Spoiler

Ideally, the Executioner would provide another option to traitors, one more focused on ambushes and surprise attacks. While being worse than the Stechkin and 357 for fights against groups of people, it would excel in assassination, giving traitors one shell to weaken their target, leaving two for execution. The provided knife and flash would work to disorient a victim and retrieve their brain after execution.

Interesting idea, whats to stop someone just tazing you and then blasting your head off with no counter?

28 minutes ago, S34N said:

Interesting idea, whats to stop someone just tazing you and then blasting your head off with no counter?

Fair point.

You could do the same thing with an energy sword however, and you wouldn't have to stand still for it. 

A longer execution timer or a [x] damage requirement for the decap to work could prevent this problem though.

well, there are other means of stunning still available, slipping, batong, flashbangs - sounds little OP for any weapon to have game over guaranteed function(not even % based to decap, its a guarantee). I don't think it fits towards the current combat direction, where we are trying to move away from instant game overs (see tasers, shotgun nerfs, etc.)

2 hours ago, Charliminator said:

Its not an instant game over. I assume by "executing someone" they mean the progress bar sticking the gun to their head.

so a delayed game over. I don't think that changes the second half of my previous post.

Maybe if you get them in a neck grab it could work then, I'm not sure.

There’s actually 4 guns traitors can get, fourth of which is the mime’s cane shotgun, which does something almost like this but has it’s own shells that mute people. So this would be the mime’s cane shotgun that doesn’t mute people but instead blows people’s brains out? I like it. 

On 11/16/2021 at 10:47 AM, procdrone said:

so a delayed game over. I don't think that changes the second half of my previous post.

I agree that this item is bad, but not because of balance. It's bad because it uh, well, it fills a role that the other pistols already fill.

Here are attack logs from me, as one character, shooting another character in the mouth on grab intent with several guns.

(This multiplies the gun's damage substantially, but requires a brief windup.)

First set is with a .357: Time-to-kill is 34 seconds, after the windup of the shot being fired. Once you're shot, you're in crit and can't do anything.

Second set of attack logs are the same, but with a Stetchkin, with standard ammo. TTK: 60 seconds. Once shot, you're in soft crit, then 38 seconds later you're in hard crit, and 22 seconds from then you are deceased.

Third set is a Stetchkin with hollow-point 10mm ammo. TTK: 37 seconds. Instant knockout. (Wow, hollow point is way better than I thought!)

In conclusion: dude, just shoot them!

Images won't upload, so link to album: https://imgur.com/a/rKP0EGG

headshot attack logs annotated.png

Edited by nokko
add image maybe
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use