Moving the compact sniper rifle from 16 TC to 12 TC

PROBABLYJAY

The compact sniper rifle is probably the least used syndicate weapon right next to the dehydrated carp, and for good reason. The compact sniper rifle:

1. does 70 brute damage 

2. is a large item 

3. only has 4 shots 

4. is extremely recognizable 

while the .357 magnum, it’s direct competitor:

1. only does 10 less brute damage 

2. can have more ammo printed 

3. costs 3 less TC 

4. Is a normal sized item 

5. looks like any other handgun / dart pistol 

and 6. Can fit in a holster 

I’d consider that no contest, which really destroys any reason to buy this thing to begin with. With this TC decrease i purpose then you could combo it with something like adrenals, making it way more viable for a loud assassin. 

• Like 4

Oh yeah the sniper rifle is super bad. IMO the ammo should be printable. Then it might have some merit at least. It'd still be a bad .357 lol.

31 minutes ago, Woje said:

Oh yeah the sniper rifle is super bad. IMO the ammo should be printable. Then it might have some merit at least. It'd still be a bad .357 lol.

Yeah currently the only other way to find ammo is by random space occurrence where there’s a random room with a single magazine. Otherwise you can’t even find them in the syndicate depot unless a sniper rifle spawns in the armory. Overall really unviable. 

• Like 1

The syndie sniper is in such a weird spot. Its just a garbage hybrid of the 357. And ebow. It is a high damage stun tool. Pick one? Imo it shouldn't exist for traitors to pick.

2 hours ago, zwan1990 said:

Do note that they can come from a null crate , but I do agree they should have printable ammo or be at a lower price with the option of buying ammo. 

Null crates were just a random syndicate bundle, which do still exist for people to buy normally via uplink. However, the one included in sniper bundle is actually a unique variant of the nuke ops sniper that comes pre-loaded with penetrator rounds and cannot be suppressed, rather than the awkward compact rifle.

2 hours ago, Charliminator said:

The syndie sniper is in such a weird spot. Its just a garbage hybrid of the 357. And ebow. It is a high damage stun tool. Pick one? Imo it shouldn't exist for traitors to pick.

If I remember right, it was added to sort of resemble Goon's hunting rifle, though it differed in a lot of areas:

• The Goon version can't be bought via uplink, it's instead found randomly in surplus crates which have a chance to include unique items you can't normally buy amongst the random items you usually find. Our version is the opposite and can only be bought via uplink and never found in surplus crates or discounts.
  • The one on Goon is MUCH stronger, doing more damage and throwing people backwards when hit alongside stunning them.
  • It's also technically cheaper on Goon, having an equivalent value of (i think) 10TC when being picked for the crate.

Given we have a rifle you can already find at random in Syndi bundles which also comes with gear to support it (namely thermals for the penetrator rounds), I don't see the need to include a fully buyable one with strange quirks to it personally, though opinions may differ there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charliminator said:

Didn't know it stunned, that changes things. I think it might actually be fine because the occasional discount makes it a little cool... But dunno, maybe if one could buy more ammo at least.

The last time I got shot with that thing I just casually died on the spot because it's hard to live when all your vital organs are now on the floor.
And I was wearing armour.

Are we actually certain that this thing is "just 10 more damage than a .357"?

EDIT:
I actually tested it. More plausible explanation of my anecdote is that it was a regular sniper rifle on stealth nuke ops. Memory is fuzzy, it happened like years ago.
Compact sniper rifle indeed does seem to do jack shit.

Edited by Gatchapod
Did some testing
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gatchapod said:

The last time I got shot with that thing I just casually died on the spot because it's hard to live when all your vital organs are now on the floor.

EDIT:
I actually tested it. More plausible explanation of my anecdote is that it was a regular sniper rifle on stealth nuke ops. Memory is fuzzy, it happened like years ago.

Could even just be professional bundle you can get the real nukie sniper as a regular tot from a bundle

19 hours ago, Gatchapod said:

EDIT:

That's what nukie sniper did, and still does if you buy antimatter ammo (the one that explodes walls also).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use