Korval Kellar's Guide to CE Part One: The Kit

LtGerbal

As I am one of the two or three CE mains on the server, I've played a lot of CE. And the worst thing for an engineering department is a bald CE.

Here's what I've learned in all my time playing CE on Para.

Kit: A CE is only as good as his kit. The CE has a lot of equipment issued to him at the beginning of the round. Some of it is kinda useless. Some of it is very, very valuable.

Here's the equipment YOU would like to look for, and why it's useful:

-The advanced hardsuit: The advanced hardsuit is easily one of the most valuable pieces of equipment you have, along with the advanced magboots. The advanced hardsuit has full radiation protection, extreme heat, cold, and pressure resistance. Plus, it's snazzy as hell. Wearing it all the time DOES slow you down though. It's fine if you don't want to wear it around all the time. But, consider handing it to one of your engine techs. It's invaluable for stopping delams and on the back of another engineer, it makes for a really nice decoy.

-The advanced magboots: One of your two theft objectives, the advanced magboots act exactly like normal magboots, but doesn't slow you down when powered on. What does this mean? There is no reason for you to walk around with these boots off. (They're also very good for stopping clown slippage.)

-The blueprints: The other theft objective at your disposal, the station blueprints are much more useful than people make them out to be, most people only know that you can section off and rename rooms around the station, but the prints have another use. The station blueprints can also reveal the pipes and wires that can be found underneath the floor tiles. Unlike a t-ray scanner, the prints only reveal the station's default layout and any changes to the station are not recorded. It is quite useful for when something needs fixing and you can't quite remember the layout. It's a good idea to keep them on you. If not for utility, then do it for security. (It is in your SOP.)

-The telescopic baton: This telescopic baton has saved my live on many occasions. When retracted, it can fit in your pocket and can easily be accessed and extended. When the baton strikes, it is an instant stun, but the stun doesn't last long. Make sure sec knows and make sure you keep on swinging. Don't want them getting away.

-The flash: Everyone knows what a flash is. In case you DON'T, here's what it is. A flash can be used to blind an individual for a considerable amount of time and can stun borgs completely. I find it very useful when dealing with malf AI and very mean borgs. The flash can conveniently fit in your pocket for easy access. CE is permitted to carry one. Use it.

-The engineering door remote: The engineering door remote is incredibly useful and it's criminal how underused it is. The engineering door remote can open, close, and bolt doors. It can also set doors to emergency access AND change the speed at which the door closes. I find it very useful to speed up the door timers on the engineering access doors. On a side note: Did you know that the engineering door remote also works on many doors in maints? Isn't that fun?

These are all of the special pieces of equipment the CE is issued. Here's some of the more basic stuff you should carry around:

-The Engineering Scanner Goggles: Why are these better than mesons? Well, I'm glad you asked. Engineering goggles are better than standard optical mesons because they can also act as a t-ray scanner and have a radiation detection mode, which I'm still not sure what it does.

-The Rapid Pipe Dispenser: A handheld pipe dispenser. You'll find that you'll be using this baby pretty often on hijack rounds.

-The Funny Yellow Gloves: No explanation needed. No explanation given.

As a side note, here are some other pieces of equipment that prove useful:

-The Inflatable Barrier Box: Did you know that the inflatable barrier box can carry multiple medium sized items. Did you know that the blueprints and the RPD are medium sized items?

-The Hand Teleporter: There is a meta for this I am told, but I don't use it.

This was meant to be one post, but this got longer than I expected.

Part two will include procedures, types of CEs, expectations for CE, and general recommendations. 

Edited by LtGerbal

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use