Add a Wanted Poster

dravenTV

So,I noticed that a large part of criminals  (even EoC!) can easly escape security just because the civilians dont know who the criminals are, and let them escape without even questioning them 
Why they are running in maint handcuffed.

Sooooo, here's the solution: Wanted posters!

it will work in this way: You log into a security records console, then, select the criminal's profile, at this point, go at the end of the page, and select: print report

in the report there will be a BIG  WANTED and under it, the name and the picture of the wanted man, so, security officers can edit the crimes section and the notes section, notes will work like a warning, or something important (or even not important) about the criminal, like 

be carefull when approaching him, he's armed and dangerous, or has murdered 2 people, or even he spends much of his time at bar

I think this is all you need to know, about the sprite, I think it should be something simple like a light-brown piece of paper large one tile that can be attached to walls without needing tape, but cannot be attached to doors.

APPROXIMATIVE CODING LEVEL: simple-medium

Interesting idea, however, we already have wanted bulletins that can be posted on newscasters with images of the suspect.  The wanted notice can only be done by security and makes an alert when one is posted.

However, the newscaster wanted bulletins rarely get used.  I personally would prefer to see that system get improved over creating a new one.

28 minutes ago, dravenTV said:

So,I noticed that a large part of criminals  (even EoC!) can easly escape security just because the civilians dont know who the criminals are, and let them escape without even questioning them 

Because of the server rules around validhunting, I don't think this is a problem really.  Wanted posters (in real life) generally have the purpose of encouraging people to help apprehend or provide information about criminals in exchange for monetary rewards.  I feel like adding these to the game would encourage valid hunting because of the way people already associate wanted posters with a "call to action".

Edited by Rythen

well, i would not make that validhunting... just, something like this:

Shit, hes the man on the poster... better alert security!

and not

Shit, he's the man on the poster *crafts a shotgun*

Goon has those posters since... well... A while, and i still havent seen anyone validhunting

All that you really need to do is extend Wanted Notice-able Newscasters to the Magi/Warden instead of just being a HoS/Captain thing. Hell you can add one to the HoP too.

The one issue is that this is a map edit, and there's already a pretty sizable map queue. Though it wouldnt be hard to do honestly.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use